cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sightline [DK2 support released]

Frooxius
Honored Guest
I'm excited to announce that the crowdfunding campaign for SightLine has launched!

Official website  |  Facebook Page

Help us make this reality! Share and comment! 🙂

As a special treat, he's the last part of SightLine Prelude, finishing the surreal sci-fi short about the events before the story of SightLine.

Also I have made new topic for the development of the full game after VR Jam, so you can get updates and continue discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6896

------------------------------

Get 1.2 Windows build (DK2 support)

Also SightLine is now on Oculus Share
https://share.oculus.com/app/1380132786019bpblgi7ldi

Update: Because I would like to make SightLine into a full blown game, I'm considering launching an IndieGogo campaign, but I could use some advice. Would you mind answering some of the questions in this post?

Hello,
I would like to share my Oculus VR jam entry with you - a game prototype named "SightLine", based on a principle that as soon as anything exits your field of view, it can change!

Official website (in construction)
Facebook page

Description

Our universe is volatile. Anything can be happening in places you're not observing. But laws of physics ensure, that whenever you look back, everything will be nice and consistent. In this game, laws of physics are broken.

The moment you look away... anything can change. The moment an object leaves your line of sight, it can vanish or change into something else.

Will you make sense of this unstable world and use the volatile nature of the environment to your advantage, to solve puzzles and get to the end?

Sightline is an environmental action/puzzle game prototype made specifically for
Oculus Rift VR jam developed with Unity and thus supports Windows, Mac and Linux

2nd milestone video
Note: It lacks some of the polish and changes in the final build, I didn't have time to make or even upload (I have 0.6 Mbps upload >.>) new trailer, but at least you'll have some surprises while playing 😉

Download
Windows (Final VR jam prototype build - 1.0) (~150 MB)

Soundtrack (On SoundCloud)

Works with keyboard/mouse and Xbox 360 controller.

Credits
Created by: Tomas "Frooxius" Mariancik (that's me :3 )
Music by: Ondrej "Sakabi" Pultar
Voice by: Julian Ceipek
Also I used a bunch of creative commons/free assets, they're listed in the README file included with the game.

I'll be happy if you share your thoughts, constructive criticism or just any comments! ^^ The last 3 weeks were quite tense, I worked as much as I could on this and I hope that I'll at least stand a small chance 😄 And hopefully that you'll find it fun 🙂
122 REPLIES 122

getnamo
Honored Guest
Very very cool.
Current Project: Skycall

Grobm
Explorer
nice

Frooxius
Honored Guest
Thank you a lot! ^^

I put up another video, showing a scene with a mirror, but it's not a working puzzle yet.

sbrezhnev
Honored Guest
love the character and music!
I guess you'd need to match those circles in the mirror with the ones behind you somehow to open the gate? lol, a wild guess

Yorick
Honored Guest
Good progress!

Frooxius
Honored Guest
Thanks!

sbrezhnev: No, the actual puzzle is going to be quite different, but I don't want to spoil everything, so I won't tell much ^^'

But here's a new video, showing first part of more action: The room with the spikes of doom (also taste of the interactive soundtrack):

Frooxius
Honored Guest
Hello again!
I uploaded the 2nd milestone video, you can watch it here:

I'll be glad for your comments, but right now I'm gonna go and forget about it for a few hours... I've been working on this almost every single moment I could and it's kinda exhausting ^^'

sbrezhnev
Honored Guest
amazing! this already looks like it's ready for release! solid work 🙂

Frooxius
Honored Guest
Thanks!
But personally I think it's far from ready to release, at least by my standards. There's almost no polish and the whole game is kinda short (in the video, there are almost all the scenes that are in the game) and I still have to finish the scenes and tie them together so it's actually playable. ^^'

Rowlaz
Honored Guest
With the Oculus, mind games like these will become really fun! Awesome work so far you guys! 😉