Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE - v1.1] Alone

abetterbard
Honored Guest
Check out our website!

http://www.greenwoodgames.com

Here is a link to our website and facebook where you can find out more information about Alone and it's continued development in the near future.
Greenwood Games
Facebook

---------------------------------------------------
FOR THOSE HAVING TROUBLE OPENING THIS .ZIP!!!
Suggested advice that has worked:
Use 7zip, right click and extract.

DOWNLOAD: Download

If you have ANY issue downloading or playing Alone, please do hesitate to contact me for help!

A game by Bryan Cohen and Dan Wallace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
New In Patch v1.1
Bug Fixes:
-Added some missing collision that caused players to go places they weren't supposed to
-Added sparkle effect to arrows to better illustrate the use of them
-Increased lighting in some dark areas to better aid progression
-Fixed various "spooky events" that were causing trouble

PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS:

Requires PC Gamepad, Oculus Rift and Headphones.

Use the left control stick to move your character.
Press the 'A' Button to interact with glowing yellow notes and to interact with yellow arrows (look for the sparkle).

Reading notes progress the story and the yellow arrows move you to the next location.

Use your Oculus Rift to look around while playing.

Thank you for taking the time to download! Enjoy!

Press:
Gamasutra

Tyler Hodder Playthrough!

Thank Tyler!

CymaticBruce Playthrough!
Twitch.tv Link
FROM 36:36 TO 55:55!

Thanks Bruce!

John Nonya Playthrough!

Thanks John!

Neither of us actually has an Oculus Rift so this whole game was developed without the use of the hardware! As a result of this, we don't have any awesome gameplay footage! If anyone feels compelled to review our game, please let me know on this thread or contact me via PM! We would be eternally grateful. 🙂

About:

Home alone on a Friday night the slow winding of the midnight hour begins to drive you to madness. Leaping from the safety of your couch you recall your recent purchase of the latest adventure horror video game. You begin to delve deep into the eerie story. As the game progresses so does the feeling of a dark presence coming to life around you. A dark presence from the game.

An immersive VR experience in which the sights and sounds of your video game come alive in the comfort of your own home. Players remain stationary for the duration of the experience and use a gamepad to navigate the adventure horror game. Advancing will spawn a variety of creepy and frightening events in your house. If you can make it to the end, you’ve won.
69 REPLIES 69

Arowx
Explorer
Like the concept, but it might work better if the control/screen were closer, given the SD rifts resolution.

Also allowing the player to move around the house could add a much more suspenseful experience.

sbrezhnev
Honored Guest
great idea! love it 🙂

Peejle
Explorer
Excellent idea. Reminds me of Jumanji. Can't wait to try it out.

Peejle

abetterbard
Honored Guest

Hey everyone. Here's an update for todays milestone. Above is an early gameplay test - I apologize for the lack of sound and the missing dynamic 'spooky' events - they are being fine tuned for next weeks milestone.

drunkenbeetle
Honored Guest
Really liking the simulation component of this game. Looking forward to playing it!

Peejle
Explorer
I assume the looking around is a reaction to sounds, but I'm not getting any sound on the vid.
Still very excited about your final product...

Peejle

tresch
Explorer
Okay... hah. This is a fun idea.

I'm always amazed at how easy it is sometimes to disconnect from the room around me when wearing the headset. There comes a point where I'm in there and I think... my real body could be anywhere. Logically I know I'm in (the room) but... I could take this headset off and be somewhere completely different.

So, being in a living room gaming while I'm in a living room gaming? That could get weird.

Now if only there was some way to do a quick 3d scan of my actual living room
VRJam game: GravWing Racing! viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3480

cybereality
Grand Champion
Interesting concept.

Could do some cool "Eternal Darkness" style mind tricks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DonGateley
Honored Guest
Still learning the ins and outs of Riftness. How do you recommend viewing your YouTube video?