Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

[RELEASE] EpicDragon VR [DL link]

124»

Comments

• dalebdaleb Posts: 2
    So, for the past few months, I've been on and off trying to find a solution to why the game EpicDragon crashes for me. Whenever I open the game, I get this error. http://i.imgur.com/g9fFavh.png

Checking the crash logs, I get:

----

Faulting application name: EpicDragonVR.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp:

0x5224a84b

Faulting module name: EpicDragonVR.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp:

0x5224a84b

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x001a2bd2

Faulting process id: 0x35f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf0daefc61f6ff

Faulting application path: C:\Users\GS\Downloads\Oculus Rift\EpicDragonVR-

AghartaStudio\EpicDragonVR.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Users\GS\Downloads\Oculus Rift\EpicDragonVR-

AghartaStudio\EpicDragonVR.exe

Report Id: 3d003e41-79a2-11e3-84c7-dc0ea191a77b

and

Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0

Problem signature: P1: EpicDragonVR.exe P2: 1.0.0.0 P3: 5224a84b P4: EpicDragonVR.exe P5: 1.0.0.0 P6: 5224a84b P7: 40000015 P8: 001a2bd2 P9: P10:

Attached files: C:\Users\GS\AppData\Local\Temp\WER19D6.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here: C:\Users\GS\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_EpicDragonVR.exe_95728e487d55467ae389a6fec532b7270bf2d_35d41d7e

Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 3d003e41-79a2-11e3-84c7-dc0ea191a77b Report Status: 1

----
    I have no idea what could cause it. I have installed the OpenAL libraries. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: the exception code means that the program had an "unhandled runtime exception during shutdown."

I feel like that should be a problem with the game, seeing as it is shutting down the second I open it, but it could also be a problem within visual c++.
  • nuinnuin Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    Wow. That was awesome. I just flew one looping after another, sometimes next to mountain, all the time laughing like a free madman. Then, suddenly, the game was over and I remembered something about the eggs. Oh well, too amazed by the game to follow its objectives. Congrats!

Best regs
  • PeteoPeteo Posts: 264
    Hiro Protagonist
    Wow, that's was really cool. Great work. Couldn't help but think how amazing a Dragon Strike Remake would be on the rift.
    Hope you guys do something like that with joystick support.

Thanks
  • KominAaaKominAaa Posts: 135
    Hey Rifters :)

We found out people were trying to compete in Epic Dragon but it's scoring system had a lot of flaws.
    We decided to do a big rework to prevent long and boring playthroughs, focusing on short gametime and a higher amplitude in scoring.

Players have now 90 seconds to pick eggs that have been increased in numbers and the specials to normal ratio has been boosted up (specials are more common).

Specials also give a lot more points.

In the hope you get a lot of fun with this new version, see you around!
    Hi! Check our VRJam2015 entry SteamCrew VR, Our VR Game
    Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe VR and our VRJam2013 entry EpicDragon VR!
    Follow us on Facebook!
  • LordJuanloLordJuanlo Posts: 304
    Art3mis
    I would love to see a DK2 update for Epic Dragon ;)
    FirmaRoV.png
    Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community
  • przecinekprzecinek Posts: 593
    Nexus 6
    You're not the only one. EpicDragon is one of my all time favourites.
  • KominAaaKominAaa Posts: 135
    We would love to update that game and it would'nt take that long, unfortunately we are busy working on other projects to keep our finances afloat :p

There are also other great little projects we have in mind and I'll keep you updated on that :)
    Hi! Check our VRJam2015 entry SteamCrew VR, Our VR Game
    Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe VR and our VRJam2013 entry EpicDragon VR!
    Follow us on Facebook!
  • Ye would be great to have DK2 featured!
    Please do ! ;)
  • KhanradKhanrad Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited December 2016
    I was bummed to load up my GearVR and find that I could no longer play Epic Dragon. Couldn't find a way to update it or re-download it.
    Oh, and props for making this game, even if it's not still around. The first time I flew and started doing barrel rolls, I cried. Not like a sniffel, I was full on bawling. This awakened some sort of childhood dream about riding dragons and flying and I friggen lost it.