Just wanted to share what I made for the VR Jam. This was super fun and a great experience! So here it is!This is Gator Time!
I wanted to make a game that gives you the feeling of being inside a cartoon, so the graphics are a mix of 2d and 3d graphics.
You start off playing as Larry Gator, you are in the first person perspective
This makes things difficult though because being a gator you have a long mouth, which makes things tricky if the world in it happens to have platforms and obstacles in it
So you meet a strange fellow who tells you about another option
He tells you about third person cameras and how they can follow you around and beam what they see directly into your brain so you can see yourself in the third person perspective
and he gives you his extra one, so you try it on!
You try it more and go on a little adventure
The story goes on and you eventually end up going on an adventure to collect pies
Watch out for obstacles!
Now with your new third person camera life is much easier
You eventually end up climbing really really high...(this part is super fun!)
Mixing the 2d and 3d worlds with the Oculus is super fun!Some notes on the game
* Everything in this was made by myself, I did the graphics, programming, music, voices, and all that stuff. So you might find a random bug here and there. The only thing I didn't make was the Tuscany Skybox prefab
* If for some reason you get stuck press the home key and that should reset the level.
* If you want to skip the whole story part and get right to collecting pies you can do that in the options section
* Make sure you increase pizza levels in the options too
* The menus are being a little weird I need to fix them for sure(as well as other things I'll constantly be tweaking)
* This will work right out of the box with a gamepad too (it's really fun to play with that)
Here is the original video I made for the second milestone too
And here is a download to the game! I made a little update to it this morning so it's slightly different than what I submitted to the jam yesterday.https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3VwG2HXqnPBX1IwRjVpRzBITkU/edit?usp=sharing
I hope you enjoy the game! Thanks so much for checking it out!