Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Look at all these games!!

ksivaksiva Posts: 18
edited August 2013 in VR Jam 2015
Oh my... I can't believe how many [RELEASE] posts there are this morning. This is awesome! I don't even know where to start, I want to try them all :)

Congratulations to everyone! And thanks Oculus/IndieCade for setting this up, nothing like a deadline to help us devs see a project through (and the milestones were genius to keep us on target). I have a feeling we've all learned a lot, and playing each others games will only kick off new and better ideas!

Let's do this again next year ;)

Comments

• ENUM411ENUM411 Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    hi, .. after a short sleep and some late late Nightshifts, and in front of my last email last Night,
    now asking again, if it´s ok for you to upload my both "milestones" now, after a lot of crashes
    my first idea was not working, already registered since the first days, my prototype/demo..
    is still "buggy" but made with an complete different setting, by using Cinema 4D + vvvv..
    audio-IN + 2 Gamepads + Rift .., later then Server/Client-based, centered here in Berlin!

Made as a local + remoteable audiovisual "Game"-Environment for my University.

Milestone 1 = VIDEO https://vimeo.com/73215941 ( key: RIFT )
    Milestone 2 = next year..

>>Download = then again..

© Copyright by ENUM |
  • AtuerAtuer Posts: 12
    It has been a really brilliant experience for me and my better half. I learnt some Blender, she learnt some Unity, and we got our project across the finish line against all odds.

I hope everyone had as much fun as we did bringing their idea's to life. Thanks to Oculus and IndieCade for setting up this amazingly effective cattleprod to get us moving.
  • W32321W32321 Posts: 11
    It looks like I can't make a new topic so I'll hijack this thread and put a link to my game here:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/ovr_vrjam/appfiles/433-019d385eb67632a7e958e23f24bd07d7.zip

It's called fireworks and features music by Kevin MacLeod.
    You use your rift to explode fireworks to music.

Try it and post your score!
  • PostmodestiePostmodestie Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    The milestones sure were helpful to keep us on track! What a great and productive month that was! :D
    The milestones sure were helpful to keep us on track! What a great and productive month that was! :D

Where to upload/post my milestones, now.. ?
  • jalexcombjalexcomb Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    Yeah I wouldn't have gotten nearly as much done without this deadline. Heh, I even learned to lightmap in Unity in the final hours... sitting there at the computer yelling "Bake damnit... bake!!!"

I'll be posting my [Released] sometime soon, after I've had some sleep. It's a VR Public Speaking Simulator, not really a "game" but an expereince. Going to put together a better trailer for it and show it to you all :)
  • AnanasAnanas Posts: 181
    Yes this is one the second gratest day with my Rift. First one being the day I got it! Seriously I've today tested over 40 games and most of them are just awesome.

Thank you all developers who participated in this competition and gave us lots of games to try and play. These really are the world's first steps in VR gaming and it's great to be part of it!
  • YorickYorick Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yeah, this was such a good idea. I have been doing some small test projects but never committed to really making something cool.

This Jam really helped me focus and narrow down an idea that was feasible in 3 weeks.
    I had a blast!
  • danworlddanworld Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    Yeah, this is incredible. It's just, download, download, download.....

So many great new VR experiences.
    ksiva wrote:
    Oh my... I can't believe how many [RELEASE] posts there are this morning. This is awesome! I don't even know where to start, I want to try them all :)

)

Sorry, to ask.. but how to post a [RELEASE].. ? can´t find any button for, here..
    Milestone 1 = VIDEO https://vimeo.com/73215941
    Milestone 2 = soon..

>>Download = asap..

( as seen on top.. )
  • klyemarklyemar Posts: 32
    The bulk of us have been editing our original [WIP] threads, but if you don't already have one you can make a new one. There's no button or anything, it's just a regular post with the word "release" in the title. :)
  • I am super excited about all these new games. We show the oculus rift to everyone that comes over, but we only had a few things for them to try. Now we will be able to (hopefully) find something that is interesting to everyone. Plus having other people testing some of these ideas is much easier than trying to mess with them all ourselves. We where feeling almost stuck just by the number of things that we could do in the rift and wanted to try :)

@ENUM411

To start a new thread, you are going to have to post more in the forum though. It doesn't let you start a thread until you have done 10 posts (unless they changed it already, it didn't when I joined and wanted to start our gorgon thread).

Hope that helps ;)
  • whoisonlinewhoisonline Posts: 415
    NerveGear
    The quality of all these demos are fantastic. Thanks for sharing, its great that VR finally has some content worth showing :-)
  • MrGeddingsMrGeddings Posts: 604
    Art3mis
    yup i bet in a week or so oculus share will be filled up! great to see! :-) though i imagine most of these games will end up being enhanced demos as theres no way to create a full deep game in 3 weeks, but it will still be pretty fun to try out!
  • W32321W32321 Posts: 11
    The quality of all these demos are fantastic. Thanks for sharing, its great that VR finally has some content worth showing :-)

I think my chances of winning are getting slimmer with each game I try, they're all so good!

(also thanks for the PM, whoisonline but the forum wont let me send a reply)
  • AldinAldin Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    Congratulations to all the Jam participants that got this far!
  • danworlddanworld Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    danworld wrote:
    Yeah, this is incredible. It's just, download, download, download.....

So many great new VR experiences.

...download, download, download... :)