cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RELEASE] Private Eye

jakeslack27
Honored Guest
Hi,

Here is my effort for the VR Jam, Private Eye. This is the result of 3 weeks spent pretty much entirely in my room going slightly mad. It is far from polished and there are a few bugs to be found but I can say I've made a VR game, yay! As you can no doubt tell 'Rear Window' was a major inspiration (as well as Bart of Darkness!).

The trailer took on a more horror/thriller type aspect than what the game really is, I think this is due to me watching and re-watching the original Alien trailer the other day...

Hope you like.

Oh here's the blurb:
See the world through the eyes of a private investigator - armed with a pair of binoculars, a notepad full of mysteries and time to kill. Your leg may be broken, but there’s plenty going on outside to keep you entertained. Prove your worth as a neighborhood watchman and foil the mafias plans. Do a spot of bird watching, take in some art, or indulge in voyeuristic pleasure as you sneak a peek at what Mr Clinton gets up to after dark. But you’d better keep vigil, the “Silent Killer” will strike at 10 and he’s closer than you think…

PC download: http://mocapgames.com/Private%20Eye/PrivateEye.zip

How to play (xbox controller):
Press ‘A’ to inspect / interact with an object.
Press 'B' to reset the Oculus orientation
Hold ‘LT’ to bring up your notepad and hit ‘A’ on a task for multiple hints.
Hold ‘RT’ to bring up your binoculars.
Rotating the left analogue stick will control the zoom function on your binoculars.
Rotating the right analogue stick will control the focus.
For everything else - just use your head!
Creative Director of Private Eye - A cinematic, neo-noir thriller for the Oculus Rift, where voyeurism meets mystery, played out against a 1950's New York city backdrop. Official Site: http://www.privateeyevr.com
69 REPLIES 69

Aldin
Honored Guest
A unanimous thumbs up from the Aldin Dynamics team! Good idea and and premise for a Rift game. It also looks like a concept that can grow into something bigger with further development.

In general, the detective premise is a really great fit for VR—I imagine it really encourages paying closer attention to environmental details. Are you thinking about taking this further? Gameplay mechanics involving clue hunting perhaps?

Looking forward to seeing more from you!

EMcNeill
Honored Guest
Oh man, Rear Window: The Game! I love the binoculars; what a great idea for a core mechanic.

Have you played or seen SpyParty? This definitely has a similar look in some ways.

sbrezhnev
Honored Guest
Great trailer!!
I can't find a download link tho 🙂 is there one?

abetterbard
Honored Guest
This sounds awesome! What a great idea duder! 😄

MattOstgard
Explorer
This sounds like a great idea. Hoping to see a download link soon 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to play this!

jakeslack27
Honored Guest
Wow thanks for all the positive feedback, really makes all the sleepless nights and hair pulling well worth it 🙂

Aldin, would love to keep up development of this title, think it has legs and I have some great ideas for it. Would really want to flesh out the story, bring in more characters and concentrate more on creating a cinematic atmosphere.

I'll put up a download link tonight! Thanks
Creative Director of Private Eye - A cinematic, neo-noir thriller for the Oculus Rift, where voyeurism meets mystery, played out against a 1950's New York city backdrop. Official Site: http://www.privateeyevr.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
"jakeslack27" wrote:
I'll put up a download link tonight! Thanks

I can't wait. I have a good feeling about this one, especially since I love that film :D.

whoisonline
Explorer
Cool .. Colombo.