[DEMO V2.0] Oculus Maximus

8bit
Protege
Oculus Maximus - The Ultimate Gladiator Experience

Demo version 2 is available
(Fight with 2 swords like Spartacus!)
http://www.raginggoat.com/download

Hello Jammers,
Here is a video and a link to the demo we submitted for the jam.
Special thanks to RCMPMARUDER for providing sounds and vocals.

Enjoy the game.

Screenshots

Gameplay Video

Downloadable Demo
*** Requires Razer Hydra ***
Runs at 60 FPS with i7 and GTX 660 Ti. Lesser systems may not be playable.

Demo version 2.0
http://www.raginggoat.com/download

Below is link to first demo submitted for VR jam
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18313052/OculusMaximusDemo.zip
145 REPLIES 145

eelkin2000
Honored Guest
@Ananas

Thank you! We are very glad you enjoyed the demo! Unfortunately right now you have to take your friendships to the next level with anyone you want to show the game to. Having the hydra base at your crotch was the only way we could account for the drift or when you really get into the action and move around. Hopefully soon we'll have the wireless hydra and this problem will go away.

We'll keep you guys posted with updates as we continue to work on this game. The more feedback we get the better.

getnamo
Honored Guest
that was a lot of fun 🙂

The hydra makes for a much more immersive experience especially for this, part of the reason I changed my project when I found out you couldn't use it. Glad there are some rebels 8-)

Great things:
-Atmosphere
-Scale
-Beautiful graphics and models
-Basic fighting dynamics (took me a while to realize you have to move the elbow in order to position the shield right, not just the wrist)
-broke a sweat, hit some fingers on tables; real pain 😄

Could use some work:
-the calibration is sometimes odd and didn't fix problems
-often happened to me to get out of sync (arms inside the body, couldn't get them out)
-oculus drift, must have some sort of 'reset view button', almost always started off-center, swivel chairs are a savior 😉
-restart after death

Future suggestions(I'm sure you're working on a version of these):
-crowd cheering after a fight, or simply raising both your hands
-crouching/ducking/dodging, especially for stabbing their feet a key combat mechanic
-enemies should bleed out if you hit them
-very often a guy took 5-6 good blows to the neck and was still standing
-stabbing seemed ineffective

Absolutely great work for 3 weeks though!
Current Project: Skycall

8bit
Protege
"naitguolf" wrote:
"8bit" wrote:
Right now we don't plan on releasing a demo with mouse or joystick control. This VR experience is really incomplete with the hydras or equivalent input. For the judges we submitted a mouse control version as required but the core of the game is designed around 1 to 1 hand input. Also be sure you have at least a GTX 660 Ti.

Ah... a pity. Does Wii control work as a replacement?

We wish it did but Wiimotes don't provide a 1 to 1 spatial position or orientation.
We do plan on supporting other devices though like PS move, kinect2, and especially Sixense STEM.

8bit
Protege
@getnamo

Thanks for the great feedback.
A quick note about the head chopping - If you hit him harder you can usually take his head off in 2 hits. This was one cool benefit we got from using the hydras. More power in your swing really does more damage.
Just be careful about people or objects around you.
Have fun.

OculusOptician
Explorer
Download link is dead, can you host it elsewhere? Want to check it out for sure.

Serk
Explorer
So, Dropbox is giving me an error when trying to download: "This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled! "

Is there any other download link I can use?

8bit
Protege
We will contact Dropbox and get this addressed. I'll respond once we get this cleared with them. Thanks for informing us of this issue.

8bit
Protege
Should be all clear. Try the download again and ping us if you have any problems.

LordJuanlo
Protege
"getnamo" wrote:
crowd cheering after a fight, or simply raising both your hands

Absolutely!
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community

OculusOptician
Explorer
It's working again, many thanks. Will post my findings shortly.