3D Audio from video file spatialization — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

3D Audio from video file spatialization

tomazvovktomazvovk Posts: 61
Hiro Protagonist
edited August 2016 in Unity Development
Hello,

I am working on a 360 video GearVR app. I'm using Movie Player Sample from Oculus sample framework. I was wondering if there is a way to assign audio from video to Unity's audio source. I am trying to make use of Oculus spatializer.

I am really not sure how to proceed with this. 

Thanks!

Comments

• vrdavebvrdaveb Posts: 1,596 Oculus Staff
    On Gear VR, the Movie Player Sample uses Android's MediaSurface class, which renders the audio straight to hardware without using Unity's audio system. Unfortunately, that doesn't give the option of post-processing the audio (to my knowledge). We are considering using exoplayer for the sample, which would get around this limitation, but that could take some time. Your best bet today is probably to use EasyMovieTexture, which hands the audio back to Unity, allowing you to spatialize it to point sources or ambisonics (see TwoBigEars).
  • tomazvovktomazvovk Posts: 61
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks for the reply. I just found about TwoBigEars today and I was thinking of using EasyMovieTexture for some time. Looks like I'm heading in the right direction. 

Thanks for the heads up!
  • dancingwinddancingwind Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    EasyMovieTexture + TwoBigEars direction is OK?
    Is it succeed ?
  • tomazvovktomazvovk Posts: 61
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yes, the way I solved this was using separate video with EasyMovieTexture and separate audio (tbe format) with TwoBigEars and then syncing the audio with video (see documentation that comes with TBE Unity plguin).