cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HydraDeck - Hydra motion controls (Updated)

Teddy0k
Explorer
Hello folks,

I've come up with a novel controls system using the Razer Hydra and made a few demos with it;

I've now ported this same code to Unity! If you'd like to add this to your project, you can download the scripts here;
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1KRnJKwYT-0VllyNGlRQkdHeUE/edit?usp=sharing

To set it up you only need to;

1) Install the Sixsense unity plugin (http://u3d.as/content/sixense-studios/sixense-unity-plug-in/4pA)
2) Add the SixenseInput prefab to your scene
2) Install the HydraDeck_Unity.unitypackage
3) Add the Hydradeck\HydraDeckPlayerController prefab to your scene
4) (optional) add the Hydradeck\HydraDeck Hand prefab to your scene

Additionally, if you'd like to add a Hand to interact with the world, add the "HydraDeck\HydraDeck Hand" prefab
31 REPLIES 31

Caine
Honored Guest
I was asking about this in your collaboration thread, didn't think you'd bother - thanks! Will definitely check this out 🙂

ReverendKyle
Honored Guest
Thank you sooooo much for sharing this!

😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

DeadlyMaverick
Honored Guest
Amazing! Thank you for releasing this! Now, if you could just release a plugin that allows us high-five you via the internet, many of us would be obliged to do so.

Cheers!

vannoo67
Honored Guest
Hey Teddy,

Thanks for this great Asset and your great work in general. I love Cover Shooter. HydraDeck really makes the difference in immersion. Can't wait to get it working with my project. https://shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/dungeon-kit-explorer-a-fan-made-playable-demo....

When I add the HydraDeckCamera script, I find that my Avatar is raised something like 2 meters above the ground.

Here is my GameObject Tree:
PlayerControllerHAL
+FirstPersonController
++Graphics
++Main Camera
+OVRPlayerController
++ForwardDirection
++OVRCameraController
+++CameraLeft
+++CameraRight

( I have a script on the PlayerControllerHAL that probes for the existence of the Rift and enables the appropriate Controller. I plan to treat the Hydra in the same way. )

I have tried attaching the HydraDeckCamera script to the OVRPlayerController and the OVRCameraController, with the same result.

Any ideas?

Teddy0k
Explorer
You might need to set the "World Floor Y" value to match where the floor is in your world.

It's worth noting this initial port only moves the camera around, I haven't tried to do anything that would move a player around, or handle collision or anything like that. The code's pretty straight forward, so it should be possible to apply it to this kind of scenario.

If you get it to work for your game, I'd be happy to include your changes into the next release. Or if you're not so code inclined, I may be able to help out a bit

chen74
Honored Guest
Teddy0K,

Any chance of making the razer unity scripts available on a different website? Like Dropbox, google, or something? The mega website is blocked for me. Thanks.

Teddy0k
Explorer

chen74
Honored Guest
Thanks for the Google download.

I have followed your instructions but I don't understand step 3. The oculus has two cameras parented to the OVRCameraController, and that is parented to the OVRPlayerController. Which components gets the Hydradeck camera script add-on? I've tried them all, followed the on-screen directions, and nothing happens.

I added the HydradeckHandController to the right hand, and nothing happens.

Are there any steps that you left out? Thanks.

gg67
Honored Guest
Add the Hydra Deck Camera script to the OVRPlayerController. Seemed to work for me.