cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GearVR] Multi-view and MobileHDR

GeorgeCristianT
Explorer
Hi,

Can anybody explain to me why mobile multi-view doesn't work with MobileHDR ?
When I turn it on i only get the image of the left eye.

Any idea if this is just a bug or if it requires substantial work on the engine side ? Would I be wasting my time if I try to fix it in the engine myself ?

Is there any plan from Epic or Oculus to support this in the near future ?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

GeorgeCristianT
Explorer
Hi,

I know it is not recommended for performance reasons but I was kind of hoping to have it in anyways.
On the GearVR version of our game, we pretty much manage to have 60FPS even with MobileHDR enabled. What hits us really hard performance-wise is the draw call count. We have to do all sorts of static actors merging in order to reduce draw calls otherwise the static actors drawing time takes 8ms or more per frame. Was hoping multi-view would help with this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Checked your AA settings? If you have any AA set it can result in this problem - see: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/204390/ue-11846-mobile-hdr-on-gear-vr-progress.html

Make sure everywhere you have AA set off - cause UE4 adds MSAAx2 by default 😉

But you probably have a different problem if it works fine with multi-view turned off.

Leemon89
Explorer
Mobile HDR doesn't work with Multi-view according to UE4 documentation. Can't find the source though.

rasamaya
Explorer
Doesnt work at all now in 4.23 and up. mobile hdr =instant crash

Mohammed_hashim
Expert Protege

Hi,

I know it is not recommended for performance reasons but I was kind of hoping to have it in anyways.
On the GearVR version of our game, we pretty much manage to have 60FPS even with MobileHDR enabled. What hits us really hard performance-wise is the draw call count. We have to do all sorts of static actors merging in order to reduce draw calls otherwise the static actors drawing time takes 8ms or more per frame. Was hoping multi-view would help with this.

Which device did you manage to get 60fps with HDR? I used an empty level with Galaxy s7 edge and I was getting ~ 40fps.