cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you open a link to another app in the Oculus store from within your app?

medicalrealiti1
Explorer
Just wondering is there a method for opening the Oculus store on a specific app download page from within our app? The custom app is built in Unity.
17 REPLIES 17

medicalrealiti1
Explorer
Can you point me in the direction of the API call? Maybe I wasn't clear, from within my Gear VR app I want to click a button which opens the Oculus store in VR on the store listing of a different app, all without having to leave VR and take off my headset.

medicalrealiti1
Explorer

I hear you there---I thought you were asking if this was allowed behavior on our store. We don't have any documentation on this from what I can see, but I'll ask around and see if there is anything I can source for you for an example/API call.

Thanks, find out anything yet?

medicalrealitie
Honored Guest
bump

stevenwireless
Explorer
Look forward to this, too

lrbisolo
Explorer
Hey guys, I saw some apps do this already. Could you share how can we do this? Thanks.

stevenwireless
Explorer

lrbisolo said:

Hey guys, I saw some apps do this already. Could you share how can we do this? Thanks.

really? which apps are doing this ? can't wait to see

lrbisolo
Explorer

lrbisolo said:

really? which apps are doing this ? can't wait to see

I saw this on Face your Fears!! I tried to code some Android specific platform but I only got the Oculus app without choosing our own app inside.

samplerInfo
Honored Guest
@imperativity Any news regarding this?

terry_r_harding
Honored Guest
I have some Daydream apps that do this.  Basically, there are several related apps in Play store, each of which has buttons linking to the others.  On start, the app looks at the phone to see which of the related apps are currently on the phone and sets the button text appropriately to open that app if it is available.  Otherwise, the button directs the user to the app's location in play store.  

The DaydreamAPI has launchInVR to take the user to another VR URL without leaving VR. It works great, but it is Daydream specific.

I'm currently working on getting these to work with Gear VR.