Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Using Test Users to test IAP appears to be impossible at the moment

AtoramosAtoramos Posts: 19
NerveGear
edited February 2017 in Platform SDK Development
Edit: I hadn't realized the 'Answers' subforum was for people seeking general answers, and thought it was a problem presumed answered. Either way, I believe this to be a problem for the SDK Development subforum, and is a showstopper for us:

https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/43482/accepting-release-channel-invitation-on-a-test-account#latest

In a nutshell, when you create a test user a subaddressed e-mail is used (which makes sense as you want to prevent multiple users being created).

However, when you go to add users to a release channel you need to accept an e-mail invitation. This invitation goes to the subaddressed e-mail, which does not exist. It is impossible to change e-mails on this subaddressed account. Thus, as far as we can tell, it is impossible to accept this invitation and actually test any release channel from a test account. The fix seems simple to me, just don't require this e-mail sign-off from test accounts. In the meantime, is there any way around this so we can use a Test User (and thus the Test Payment Info) for our IAP?

Comments

• juanoldinhojuanoldinho Posts: 131
    Art3mis
    Hi,

I am currently looking into this and will advise you on what information I find that is applicable to your situation.
    Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.
  • DreadedKaneDreadedKane Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    I also have this problem but I can't even initialise the platform SDK in Unity when I'm logged in with the test account. It works fine with my normal account.
  • knealkneal Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited April 2017
    I've been able to test IAP successfully by doing the following:

1) Create Test Account & copy the email address.
    2) Add the Test Account to the Alpha channel for our build
    3) Open the Oculus Store on the desired PC or Phone and log into the test account. Scroll to the bottom of the Store page to the 'preview' apps section, and click the 'FREE' or 'BUY' button to add it to your library.

On Android:
    - You need to create a build that uses the APP ID and apk package name that you submitted to the store. You have to have submitted a valid build before the platform SDK will initialize. Once you've uploaded your first build, you can just manually adb push builds to the phone and have them work.

On PC: 
    - While you can use some of the SDK calls in the Unity Editor, the IAP store does not appear to work unless you create a PC build.
    - In addition, I usually get errors using builds that arn't in the Oculus download folder unless I set the following registry key:

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Oculus VR, LLC\Oculus" /v AllowDevSideloaded /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
  • SelvzSelvz Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    How can you log into the test account if we cannot set up a pwd and confirm subscription to the Alpha channel?
  • delphinius81delphinius81 Posts: 297
    Nexus 6
    Yeah this has been broken since I posted that question last year. Guess most devs just pay out of pocket. I still don't understand why non-store channels charge at all. Every other store works that way.
  • SelvzSelvz Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    The only understanding is that there's no one in there that is paying attention to this matter and cares about the developers, the ones who actually give life to their platform. Very disappointing and concerning about the future of this platform.
  • juanoldinhojuanoldinho Posts: 131
    Art3mis
    There was some changes made to Test Users and adding them to Release Channels.

When you create a test account you have to assign a password and pin to it.

When you add the test user to a release channel they are automatically added to the Subscribed Users list. There is no longer a need to confirm the email of test users.
    Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.
  • delphinius81delphinius81 Posts: 297
    Nexus 6
    Ah wonderful! When was this change made? Was there an announcement we missed?