Finally getting around to posting my entry in the forums! Hope everyone enjoyed the first ever VR Jam - definitely a historic moment!
LOST LOOT: A casual exploration game designed for VR and the Oculus Rift. It combines relaxing gameplay with an interesting environment and a touch of adventure.
Dive for lost treasure! Search submerged ruins and ancient shipwrecks for gold, jewels, and artifacts. Watch your air supply and be careful how deep you go. The sharks are not your friends so be on your guard!
- Explore a beautiful tropical island surrounded by a vast underwater landscape
- Swim and dive among the many reefs and enjoy the interesting landscape and variety of sea life
- Search ancient underwater ruins both in the shallows and out in deeper waters for treasure and artifacts
- Find all the hidden shipwreck sites and plunder their hoards, but watch out as some are guarded by sharks
- Build your wealth and fame with each discovery or lose it when disaster strikes
- Upgrade your equipment for diving, allowing you to swim faster, stay down longer, and fight off those pesky sharks
- Visit the island again, and again, because ruins, shipwrecks, and treasure are randomly altered each time you visit
A rather lengthy gameplay video, but as a reward you get to find out one of the locations where the Amulet Of Flying can appear at the end!
There is only a windows version currently and an XBOX 360 controller is the preferred way to play (you can play with keyboard and mouse if you don't have one). It requires a high end video card and minimum 1GB free ram. The manual is included in the .zip download for all the instructions.
There are plenty of screenshots on my blog postings at http://www.pixelatedramblings.com/
. You can also download it from there (click the lost loot image in the sidebar or use the link under the projects tab).
I hope everyone enjoys it. Please leave feedback on what you liked and didn't like and if you had any issues trying to run it.