cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED in 5.6.2p1] Gear VR Build Crash: Unity 5.6.1p1 - 16 bit display buffer builds always crash

Sylphelabs
Explorer
It seems a regression bug, using unity 5.6.1p1 with OVR 1.14 on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Mali-T880 build always crash.
To avoid crash i have to put the display buffer to 32 bit.
6 REPLIES 6

vescomstudios
Honored Guest
Yep, we can confirm that, have experienced the same bug.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just released Unity 5.6.1p2 did'nt fix the problem, Unity beta 2017.1b8 is also affected by this bug
still crashes my GearVR project on my Galaxy S6 when display buffer is not set to 32 bit.
guess this was too tight a time frame for a fix 😉

5.6.1F1 did'nt have the problem BTW

Sylphelabs
Explorer
Sorry to say it, we know you are aware of this, but the bug is still present in 5.6.1p3 

Sylphelabs
Explorer
The issue is resolved in 5.6.2p1 Thanks 🙂

AllenPestaluky
Explorer
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately this fix in Unity 5.6.2p1 might not have been a real fix to this issue: As of 5.6.2p1, the 32-bit display buffer player setting is actually ignored and a 32-bit display buffer is forced for Gear VR builds (but not for standard non-VR android builds).

This "fix" is actually the exact same problem that used to happen before Unity 5.6.0f2  that was described in Unity case 863783 and in this oculus topic.

It seems that Unity 5.6.0f2 through 5.6.1f1 inclusive had a correctly functioning 16-bit display buffer, but versions before and after have not.

Allen

AllenPestaluky
Explorer
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately this fix in Unity 5.6.2p1 might not have been a real fix to this issue: As of 5.6.2p1, the 32-bit display buffer player setting is actually ignored and a 32-bit display buffer is forced for Gear VR builds (but not for standard non-VR android builds).

This "fix" is actually the exact same problem that used to happen before Unity 5.6.0f2  that was described in Unity case 863783 and in this oculus topic.

It seems that Unity 5.6.0f2 through 5.6.1f1 inclusive had a correctly functioning 16-bit display buffer, but versions before and after have not.

Allen