Triggering Oculus Home freezes my GearVR game — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Triggering Oculus Home freezes my GearVR game

Akash_007Akash_007 Posts: 15 Oculus Start Member
hey guys,

so I’ve noticed that whenever i hold the back button and it takes me to the oculus screen with the settings and options and i return to my game everything is frozen and won’t work. Is there something I have to do in my code and Unity ??

Thanks!

Answers

• Akash_007Akash_007 Posts: 15 Oculus Start Member
    It is, It also happens if my headset is off my head and I put it back on. I should also mention that I have the oculus utilities imported but don't use any of the tools so I was wondering if you're required to use some of them ??? my unity version 5.6.1f1 and Oculus utilities 1.16.0
    @BubbleTech

Thanks for getting back to me with these details.

Regarding this:

I should also mention that I have the oculus utilities imported but don't use any of the tools
    So, you aren't using any prefabs or scripts? No OVRPlayercontroller or OVRCamerrig? No OVRInput or OVRPlatformmenu which would set the reserved interaction buttons for the controllers/touch pad?

Important:

Oculus Utilities 1.16 has an issue with Gear VR and is not currently recommended for mobile development at this time. Could you try importing the 1.15 Oculus Utilities here and try again?

Nope, I found out about it late in the development I’ve just used the regular camera and mapped the keys myself. I’ll try it out but is there documentation of tools you should use and what objects to attach them too in unity??
    Thanks I’ll try it out !
    @BubbleTech

Regarding this:

I should also mention that I have the oculus utilities imported but don't use any of the tools
    So, you aren't using any prefabs or scripts? No OVRPlayercontroller or OVRCamerrig? No OVRInput or OVRPlatformmenu which would set the reserved interaction buttons for the controllers/touch pad?

Important:

Oculus Utilities 1.16 has an issue with Gear VR and is not currently recommended for mobile development at this time. Could you try importing the 1.15 Oculus Utilities here and try again?

Nope, I found out about it late in the development I’ve just used the regular camera and mapped the keys myself. I’ll try it out but is there documentation of tools you should use and what objects to attach them too in unity??
    @BubbleTech

Regarding this:

Important:

So i changed all my cameras to the OVRCameraRig and I still have an issue where if I'm in my application and I hold the back button on the headset to trigger oculus home and then when I'm in Oculus Home I go back, the game seems to be running but my controller input doesn't work? The pause menu is in the way but I can still see my fps text debugger changing values which means the game is running the controller just won't work.

Any ideas??
    @BubbleTech

Have you tried using the 1.15 Oculus Utilities or is this still based on 1.16 release?

You should take a look at the documentation here.

It will show you how to setup a scene properly using the Oculus Utilities scripts and prefabs.

I fixed it, downgraded to 1.14 and for some reason it wasnt taking the headset off but by touching the touchpad it would cause the bluetooth controller to disconnect because i forgot to put OVrInput.Update() in my update function. Thanks!