cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to disable the Rift's auto turn off feature?

spaghettiboi
Explorer
I'm looking to build an installation with just the Touch controllers and not use the Rift. But the thing is, the Touch controllers only track in 3D space when the Rift is on, but when you set the Rift down on a table it'll automatically turn off unless you pick it up and move it. How can we turn off this auto off feature?
3 REPLIES 3

spaghettiboi
Explorer

Hi,

I am currently looking into this and will advise you on what information I find that is applicable to your situation.

Any update on this?

Constellation
Expert Protege
I'd really like an API call to temporarily disable the sensor; while doing Touch development I often need to use the mouse, keyboard or touch controllers while looking at Visual Studio or the Unity editor.

Constellation
Expert Protege
I was looking for solutions on reddit and came across this post which among some physical solutions also featured a software solution! Go to the Oculus Debug Tool in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics and enable the "Bypass Proximity Sensor Check" setting. This works great for me with the 1.18 runtime. It makes the Touch development and debugging I'm working on way way easier!