cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Editor freezing on window-focus changes in OculusVR 1.17

jaconcha
Explorer
While Oculus VR Runtime Service is running (in Windows Services), changing focus between Editor windows in any Unity project is followed by a 4-10 second freeze of all input.  The sessions appear to be affected regardless size/complexity/version, as I tested on 3 different versions with 3 different active projects and 3 new empty projects (6 total tests)

It seems to only be when you change between windows in the Unity Editor.  If you stay in one window, it's able to run smoothly.  Are there any solutions out there to this?  It's as close to blocking as a blocker can be.  It may also be related to the latest Windows 10 update, since I received both between sessions of Unity work.

But, if I stop OVR Runtime Service, it works like a dream.

Thanks for the help!
43 REPLIES 43

R-Ram
Honored Guest
Alright! Non-Fresco 3.0 wins!

jaconcha
Explorer
I heard somewhere that Beta Public Test Channel has a fix of some kind on it.  Connecting and restarting seems to have resolved the issue for me, but I also moved my headset to a mother board USB slot.

panmaster
Expert Protege
oculus runtime 1.18, Unity crashes all the time when I hit Play.
Started after oculus update

kersk
Expert Protege
Hi all, if you're hitting this issue with the Unity Editor becoming unresponsive when clicking around in the UI on Oculus Runtime 1.18 and Windows 10 Creators Update, we recommend upgrading to the Oculus Beta Public Test Channel runtime. (Launch the Oculus app, click the gear icon in the top right, Settings, Beta, Enable "Public Test Channel"). The beta release includes a specific workaround for this issue. If you are unable to update to the beta PTC, another potential workaround is to unplug USB devices and try to identify if one of them in particular is triggering the issue (some USB Audio DACs have been reported as a common trigger).

More info is available here:
https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/56526/unity-devs-known-issue-workaround-available-on-...

Thanks!