cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation / examples for IAP in UE4 ?

motorsep
Rising Star
I am failing to find any docs about how to work with IAP for Gear VR or Rift in UE4 😞

Is there any such info available ?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

motorsep
Rising Star
Someone told me none of the IAP features are implemented in UE4 😞 If that's true, it's sad

motorsep
Rising Star
@imperativity

Any chance to find out when BP and C++ implementations are coming to stock UE4? (some folks just looked up stock UE4 C++ code for me and said there is basically nothing for Oculus Platform SDK in stock 4.17; they might be wrong of course)

motorsep
Rising Star
I am after Blueprint functionality. I am guessing at this time I am gonna have to go with Rift and Steam instead of Oculus Store to be able to utilize IAP and other social functionality 😞

rcortese
Honored Guest
I've developed a Plugin for Blueprint exposed IAP functionality. It's not complete (or the simplest) right now, but it's free.
You can access the code here:
https://github.com/VRMonkey/UE4-OculusIAP ;

motorsep
Rising Star

rcortese said:

I've developed a Plugin for Blueprint exposed IAP functionality. It's not complete (or the simplest) right now, but it's free.
You can access the code here:
https://github.com/VRMonkey/UE4-OculusIAP ;

Ohhh, sweet! Thanks for doing that. Do you plan of finishing it, streamlining and selling it on the Marketplace (and Gumroad/Itch) ?

rcortese
Honored Guest
It's possible.
We've been using it at it's current state in our game for about 2 months now (The Rabbit Hole - Demo) with success.

We originally intended to make it commercial, but were afraid Oculus would actually give UE4 some IAP love and we'd just waste our time.

motorsep
Rising Star

rcortese said:

...but were afraid Oculus would actually give UE4 some IAP love ...

That seems to be highly unlikely 😞 Besides IAP there are more stuff that isn't in UE4 or/and not exposed to BP. 

@rcortese Thank you for your efforts, this is an extremely-necessary plugin. Could you please give instructions on how to fix this error (this is after the error window informing that the IAP plugin was created with an earlier version of Unreal and needs to be rebuilt)?

"Error: <project_name> could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually."
ezi5u1w6dpxi.jpg