Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finalists

spinaljack
Protege
EDIT:
Finalists announced - http://www.oculus.com/vrjam/

Anyone else excited about the finalists announcement?
Not long to go now!

Anyone putting down bets on which games will make it through?
They'll probably try and spread the finalists out amongst the different types of entries rather than have all shooters or all horror games.

My money's on VBert, one of the dragon games, dread halls, SimUSpeak, private eye, sight line, time rifters, dumpy... hard to decide!

Hopefully they'll announce it while I'm awake in UK time.
55 REPLIES 55

jakeslack27
Honored Guest
Hi this is Jake from Private Eye. Big congratulations to everyone that made the final, absolutely beaming with making the list. Private Eye was open call! Good luck to everyone on Thursday, fingers and toes crossed!
Creative Director of Private Eye - A cinematic, neo-noir thriller for the Oculus Rift, where voyeurism meets mystery, played out against a 1950's New York city backdrop. Official Site: http://www.privateeyevr.com

spinaljack
Protege
Thanks for the list, good to know who's in which group

EMcNeill
Honored Guest
"Kenzie" wrote:

@EMcNeill
I believe that you have Stargazer in your open call top ten list which is bringing the total to 11.

Yes, that was based on what the dev told me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/davekalina/status/371824915781275648

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone,

Nate from Oculus here. Just wanted to clarify: there are more than 10 Open Call finalists and less than 10 Selected Developers finalists.

We wanted the best 20 submissions to be our 20 finalists regardless of whether they were Open Call or Selected Developers. In the end, we decided to include more Open Call entries in the finalist pool simply because the quality of the Open Call entries was so high.

This doesn't change the level of competition for Open Call or Selected Developers -- The top 3 games in each group (as decided by our judges) will take the prizes. The number of finalists in each group doesn't change that.

I also want to stress that there were many, many games submitted that didn't make the top 20 list that are worth playing. There were multiple "top 20" lists from various judges' points of view, and finalizing/negotiating the list was incredibly hard due to so many top-notch games. There were more than a few heated debates around Oculus HQ about who should make the cut and that's a real testament to the quality of work in this jam.

I hope this helps, and congratulations again to all the finalists!

-- Nate

EMcNeill
Honored Guest
"nmitchell" wrote:
I hope this helps, and congratulations again to all the finalists!

-- Nate

Thanks for weighing in, Nate! I appreciate that you guys went for total quality rather than a strict 10/10 split. And I especially appreciate that you came here to spell it out for us rather that leave us wondering. I'll be eagerly awaiting the final results!

spinaljack
Protege
I mailed them for clarification earlier, it's good they decided to respond. Thanks Nate.

If they decided the top 3 from each group already I wish they'd just tell us. Roll on Thursday!

Kenzie
Honored Guest
Thanks for the clarification and update.

There are so many great entries, and I bet there will be even more for the next VR Jam. It would be cool if the next one had multiple categories (like how the Unity awards works).

spinaljack
Protege
Today's the day they announce top 3
Exciting! XD

KominAaa
Honored Guest
Congrats to the winners and to all the other teams.

I'm a little sad our game Epic Dragon didn't make it but it was really motivating to see all these people on the forums, giving the best they could to share their ideas about what could be great gameplay with VR.

I think it would be nice to have some feedback from the jurors next time after the vote as we've all put a lot of effort. And also to be able to try the selected developpers entries on release.

Well done again.
Hi! Check our VRJam2015 entry SteamCrew VR, Our VR Game Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe VR and our VRJam2013 entry EpicDragon VR! Follow us on Facebook!