Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Deep-linking from chrome to Gear VR App

NDrexl_AxonomNDrexl_Axonom Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited November 2017 in Unity Development
Hello everyone!

I currently am working on getting a deep-linking feature working for my app I set up. The flow behind it should match as close as possible to my already working app for cardboard. Which is the user clicks a button to open a link which contains the deep-link URL. Then the app will open with the link passed through. My app will then parse the query string and get the data it needs out of that and continue a long the lines of its normal functionality.

I have done some heavy research when it goes to deep-linking and how it uses the Android Activity to function. Gear VR seems to use its own activity which doesn't have any deep-linking functionality that I can find. Any help would do!

Thanks,
Nick  :)

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    Hi,

Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums.

Regarding this:

Gear VR seems to use its own activity which doesn't have any deep-linking functionality that I can find.

This is currently not doable, however the framework is there for it to work like this. This feature will be available in the near future, but there is no current ETA.

• NDrexl_AxonomNDrexl_Axonom Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi,

Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums.

Regarding this:

Gear VR seems to use its own activity which doesn't have any deep-linking functionality that I can find.

This is currently not doable, however the framework is there for it to work like this. This feature will be available in the near future, but there is no current ETA.

Awesome, thanks for the answer!
    Nick