Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

"mobileMTRendering" Error with Unity 2017.2

I just upgraded to Unity 2017.2, and I'm getting a error on lines 290 & 295 of the OVRLint.cs script that "'PlayerSettings' does not contain a definition for 'mobileMTRendering'".  It appears to have been removed from UnityEditor.PlayerSetting" class as part of the changes to version 2017.2?

Are others seeing this or am I missing something?

Comments

• ColdAsIceIIColdAsIceII Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am having the same issue, still trying to figure it out
  • OverheadSurferOverheadSurfer Posts: 2
    NerveGear

I commented out the 'moobileMTRendering' portion of the two lines to resolve, but my impression is Oculus needs to revise their script for Unity2017.2.  I had an interesting follow-on issue.  On two models of computers, commenting this out resolved the issue, but on my third one I got a new issue with the SteamVR_PlayArea.cs script.  The only way I have come up with so far to resolve that issue was to remove the SteamVR_PlayArea.cs and SteamVR_PlayArea.cs.meta script entirely.

• mannixlomannixlo Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Temp fix by replace the following code:

if (!PlayerSettings.MTRendering || !PlayerSettings.GetMobileMTRendering(BuildTargetGroup.Android))
    {
        AddFix ("Optimize MT Rendering", "For CPU performance, please enable multithreaded rendering.", delegate(UnityEngine.Object obj, bool last, int selected)
        {
                    PlayerSettings.SetMobileMTRendering(BuildTargetGroup.Android, true);
                    PlayerSettings.MTRendering = true;
         }, null, "Fix");
    }
  • stef07stef07 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Same error here. Upgrade from 2017.1p4 to 2017.2f3 created above errors on perfectly working project. Any updates on how to fix?
  • sp_mvsp_mv Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. I am forwarding this to our internal teams for their review and will update this thread when I have more information to share.
    Please share any updtae about it. I am having this issue after upgrading to 2017.3
  • WITHIN_NimaWITHIN_Nima Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    We are also having this problem with 2017.2
  • baroquedubbaroquedub Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Temp fix by mannixlo works great but would be good to have a proper solution. (Also using 2017.2)
  • baroquedubbaroquedub Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Temp fix by mannixlo works great but would be good to have a proper solution. (Also using 2017.2)
  • pixelcasepixelcase Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Same issue here on 2017.3