cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Oculus Gear submission allow Signature Scheme V2 apps anytime soon?

medicalrealiti1
Explorer
The latest version of Unity signs all APK files with Signature Scheme V2, however the Oculus store submission for Gear rejects this signing scheme. Is there an easy work around or does Oculus plan on allowing Signature Scheme V2 apps any time?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I solve my problem using Unity internal build with external signing to v1 scheme via cmd:
"%JAVA_HOME%\jarsigner" -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore *path to keystore* *path to apk* *key_alias name*

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

delphinius81
Rising Star
@imperativity Can you guys post/link a guide to how to properly sign APKs then for people building with Unity 2017?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I solve my problem using Unity internal build with external signing to v1 scheme via cmd:
"%JAVA_HOME%\jarsigner" -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore *path to keystore* *path to apk* *key_alias name*

elson915
Explorer

@imperativity Can you guys post/link a guide to how to properly sign APKs then for people building with Unity 2017?

Agreed... its crazy how many unknown hoops we must jump through to get something submitted... I would love a guide on how to do it the "Oculus" way so time is not wasted...