Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Go - Development Questions

'looking forward to the GO being released... I'm wondering if anyone can answer the following... :-)
1. Can experiences be developed using the consumer GO or will a dev-kit version be required?
2. Will there be a developers version of the GO? If so how will it differ from the consumer version?
3. How can apps be installed on the GO - i.e. method of transforming/storage/formats?
4. As the GO is likely to be used by many people (e,g, being passed around), are there any recommended/supplied removable inserts to keep the headset 'clean/safe' (or anything similar)?

Thanks in advance :-)
Tagged:

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    This is a better question for our developer forum. I will move the thread. Switch sections w/ the Community drop-down menu on the right side.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • oculus_gaboroculus_gabor Posts: 40 Oculus Staff
    I can answer 1 and 3 for you.

1) Consumer version can be used for development.
    3) The Go and Gear are binary compatible.