cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malicore
Protege
I've been getting these avatar errors in Unity for a little while now and I still can't figure it out.

Shader error in 'OvrAvatar/AvatarSurfaceShaderSelfOccluding': failed to open source file: 'Assets/OvrAvatar/Content/Materials/AvatarMaterialStateShader.cginc' at line 162 (on d3d11)

Shader error in 'OvrAvatar/AvatarSurfaceShader': failed to open source file: 'Assets/OvrAvatar/Content/Materials/AvatarMaterialStateShader.cginc' at line 128 (on d3d11)

The AvatarMaterialStateShader.cginc file is located in the same folder as the other shaders so I'm not sure why it can't be located.  I've tried over solutions I've found on these forums like preloading the shaders and switching to x86_64. I've also updated the SDK to 1.24. None of these things are helping.  Anyone else getting these errors in Unity?  I've also updated the SDK to 1.24 

7 REPLIES 7

Malicore
Protege
Thank you so much for the help.  This resolved the issue I was having. 

wirelessxdreamer
Explorer
how was the issue resolved. The thread is missing that information.

timothyallan
Explorer

how was the issue resolved. The thread is missing that information.

I've notice that a lot in these forums. There's a bunch of responses which talk about other posts which just aren't visible. I thought I was the only one! 

Ross_Beef
Heroic Explorer
@wirelessxdreamer  / @timothyallan
 -- can I confirm you're both still seeing this issue? 

churchmf
Honored Guest
This happened to me because I moved the Oculus folder into Plugins, it seems like there are some hardcoded paths in those shaders.

drewgill
Honored Guest

churchmf said:

This happened to me because I moved the Oculus folder into Plugins, it seems like there are some hardcoded paths in those shaders.

This was exactly it for me. I had tried to "organize" my project and this mysterious error started occurring. Put it back into the Assets/ path and it started working again.

immsci
Honored Guest

I moved Oculus back to the original location in my project, but it didn't help. Ended up deleting this and one other file so that it would at least compile. Will have to revisit later.