cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native activity crashes on input event

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I have a android native activity which uses native_app_glue. Everything works fine, except when I am debugging it and vr mode is activated. In that case for a simple touch event the application crashes at AInputQueue_preDispatchEvent (in android_native_app_glue.c, process_input function) with "SIGILL (illegal instruction)".

I have no clue what might cause it. I use Android Studio and when a start the same debuggable application without the debugger attached, it works as expected.

What am I missing?
11 REPLIES 11

maffy
Honored Guest
NelnoTheAmoeba,
Thanks for your post. I'm also dealing with this issue and what you describe in the

VrCubeWorld_NativeActivity sample is what I'd like to do in my app. I just want to note that the sample still does seem to use native activity for input handling in SDK 1.14. Perhaps what you describe is coming in a future update?

DolloD
Protege
I am still seeing this problem with UE4.21/Oculus Go. The crash happens while debugging with android studio as soon as you pull the trigger on the go controller and it brings up the SIGILL error in android_native_app_glue.c

Unreal Engine has a procedure around debugging android. 

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Platforms/Mobile/Android/AndroidDebugging/index.html ;
Sorry its not letting me post links. 

I tried adding

process handle --pass true --stop false --notify true SIGILL

to LLDB post launch commands and that still didn't work. Anyone seen a procedure for getting the android debugging of a UE4 app to work with Oculus mobile? It would be helpful for Oculus to create a UE4 android debugging instruction that goes together with the UE4 debugging instruction.

Thanks

Edit - It seems to not have this problem any more. Don't understand why but seems to work after initially having this problem.