cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have trouble with Oculus Go disappearing from 'adb devices'?

SC_Nicholas
Explorer
I'm on Windows. Using "CodeWorks for Android 1R6u1" as my Android environment (as recommended for Unreal Engine).

I can successfully see my Oculus Go in my "adb devices" list and communicate with it through Unreal Engine 4, however after I unplug / plug the USB cable it will never show back up under "adb devices". I have to manually enter a "adb kill-server & adb start-server" command, and then the next cable insert will successfully show the device.

Anyone else experiencing this? It's annoying to do this song and dance every time the device is unplugged.
51 REPLIES 51

preston_mccaule
Protege
Ive been at this for a few hours. How do you even uninstall the go adb. I don't see any option to uninstall this... I also tried to uninstall the samsung one and it gives me a japanese error message. Seems like this dev process would be better documented.

AQfumes
Adventurer
It appears a 2.0 version of the Oculus Go adb drivers has been updated today. I haven't tried it yet. 
https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/oculus-go-adb-drivers/

vr_marco
Protege
I had the same issues and I solved it through the Oculus Go adb drivers 2.0, but first the old drivers need to be uninstalled as follows:
- Plug in your Oculus Go and leave it connected
- Open the Windows Device Manager (right click on the windows symbol in taskbar the then choose Device Manager)
qcgw9nys5is7.png
- Find the Oculus Device entry and open it
- Right click on Oculus Composite ADB interface
- Choose Uninstall Device
- Tick Delete the driver software for this device
- Confirm
- Download the new Oculus Go adb driver 2.0 here: https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/oculus-go-adb-drivers/
- Unzip it the downloaded file
- Open the unzipped folder and navigate to the usb_driver folder
- Locate the file named android_winusb.inf
- Right click on it and choose Install
- Make sure you get a confirmation message the driver was installed
- Unplug and plug in your Oculus Go

Now open a command prompt with admin rights and type: adb devices
Your Oculus Go devices should be listed. Enjoy!

52ktb4psz184.png

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
Been having this issue too since I got my Go. Will try those options this evening! Fingers crossed.

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision

gonzaloecu84
Honored Guest
Followed your instructions and installed the oculus go adb driver 2.0. the device appears as unauthorized when connected but as soon as i accept to trust the computer inside oculus go it disappears from the list not sure if I'm the only one with this issue

mitchallen
Honored Guest
On Windows 10 using a Lenovo Yoga laptop neither ADB driver 1.0 or 2.0 worked.  I removed both. Then when I plugged in the Go, Windows popped up notifications that it was installing VR-Headset.  Then after a few more notifications adb devices could find it.   

I had it connected yesterday and the Go gave me the permission screen then it stopped working. I think because I thought I still had to install the driver as a next step. That apparently broke it.

One issue I had is that Developer mode isn't persistent. Every time I experiment I have to go back in to the Oculus App on my iPhone and set it.

When I put on the Go, down at the bottom of the first screen (where you are asked to set your controller) it says:

"(You are in developer mode. Press any volume key to enter)"

Check that and make sure you are in the right mode.

preston_mccaule
Protege
Still no luck. I've factory reset, I've rolled out all drivers, I installed the ADB 2.0 driver... I got the permission screen accepted it but unity still fails to recognize it when trying to build out...I'm kind out of ideas here. So if you got any more keep em coming. I've tried all the steps above.  - For a brief moment yesterday I prayed and i saw the device in the dropdown in unity - nothing since then.

aweidenhammer
Protege
Preston, as mentioned further above, have you tried the Samsung usb drivers instead?

ColeSan
Honored Guest
I still seem to have the same issues with adb 2.0. It may be a little bit more consistent but it still does not work 100% of the time and I must unplug and replug my device in a few times for it to be recognized. Not the end of the world, but still a bit of an inconvenience. 

preston_mccaule
Protege
The samsung drivers did not work either. I've actually wiped my windows install complete fresh, setting up java, and everything right now and used the oculus go 2.0 - About to test it again.

Update: Complete new install of windows Oculus Go 2.0 driver doesn't work.