cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Outdated Software

thebigman433
Honored Guest
I received my Oculus Go on Wednesday from Oculus but it seems to have shipped with an ancient software. It has version 1628 loaded on to the headset. It seems to be impossible to update at the moment and because it is out of date, it wont let me try any builds from Unity. I was wondering if anyone had info on when we might see a fix/update for this.

Id also appreciate if someone has found a work around for playing builds.

Thanks 🙂 
4 REPLIES 4

drash
Heroic Explorer
That's super old and auto-updates don't work on that one if I recall right.   You'll need to get in touch with whoever sent you that headset for some support!
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

Metal_Multiball
Heroic Explorer
If your out of date message is: "A new version of Oculus is required to support your experience in vr.  please turn on wifi and then reinsert your device into your headset"

Then check out this link:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/64554/oculus-go-message-a-new-version-of-oculus-is-...

thebigman433
Honored Guest

drash said:

That's super old and auto-updates don't work on that one if I recall right.   You'll need to get in touch with whoever sent you that headset for some support!

I sent an email to someone yesterday, hopefully I can get it sorted sometime soon. 

RootyB
Explorer
I think I have the same issue with my recently-received (today) devkit. I just submitted a ticket, so hopefully I get included in the update push. 🙂