simulaneous control of multiple Go headsets — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

simulaneous control of multiple Go headsets

RusRus Posts: 1
NerveGear
Is there currently a way to control the playback of locally stored VR video files simultaneously on multiple Go headsets?

Comments

• aweidenhammeraweidenhammer Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    I imagine you would have to make a networked game in either Unity or Unreal.  These engines have built-in support for networked gaming via the Oculus Online Subsytsem.  You would have to build a game where players entered a shared level and events were triggered on all client devices at the same time.  
  • rupertrupert Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    @Rus We have developed an application for exactly this use case. Let me know if you are still interested and I can include you in our beta programme.
  • dan1eln1el5endan1eln1el5en Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm interested in this as well.
  • NormarkNormark Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Hey Rupert
    I´m very interested to be included in the beta, we have 30 Oculus Go devices and want to have an audience view a 360 video simultaneous, controlled from a PC
  • rupertrupert Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    @dan1eln1el5en and @Normark

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. We have started trialing the product now. Send me your emails and I'll add you to the beta channel: rupert.rawnsley@avantiseducation.com

• NiqNiq Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    We developed a comercial system that uses OSC messages to trigger video on several devices at once. PM and I can give you a quote