cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go + Bluetooth Keyboard

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone had success pairing a bluetooth keyboard with the Oculus Go? @la_reina seem to confirm that they are supported, but the Oculus app doesn't show pairing options other than gamepads and controllers. I'm hoping they'll be officially supported at some point soon 🙂

https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/comment/608479/#Comment_608479
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
You have apps in the store that require a gamepad...Obviously you support other controllers than the included one.

tucker_richards
Explorer
Are there any plans to support a Bluetooth keyboard?

foas
Explorer
Is this not a hackable thing?

Lupus_Solus
Protege
I would love the option to have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse!

I want to set up a virtual office space in the Go, remote to my work machine that has all of my development programs installed; then just throw a roll up bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth mouse into the bag with the Go and BOOM - work from anywhere! 
Lupus Solus - Lone developer of Push For Emor Push For Emor: http://www.pushforemor.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/pushforemor

msitarzewski
Explorer

I would love the option to have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse!

I want to set up a virtual office space in the Go, remote to my work machine that has all of my development programs installed; then just throw a roll up bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth mouse into the bag with the Go and BOOM - work from anywhere! 

Exactly this. I do it with the Windows Mixed Reality platform already, and have been honing my touch typing skills ever since. With the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, the Go is essentially a Chromebook with lots of 3D entertainment built in. 🙂

RuptureGames
Protege
Is anyone aware of an actual thread going somewhere where people are discussing how to get a Bluetooth keyboard + mouse with go? I've already found a great remote desktop with moonlight for go.  I find it hard to believe one can pair an xb1 controller and not a keyboard.  

Cain-
Protege
Keyboards work but support needs to be implemented at the individual app level.  You can sideload the Samsung Internet for Gear VR browser to your Go and use a keyboard with it for example.  QuakeGVR is another example.  Wired USB keyboards work, wireless USB dongle keyboards work, but some (perhaps most) bluetooth keyboards don't want to pair.  I've seen one report of a successful pairing but I haven't been able to replicate the success. 

Mice are different.  They are supported at the underlying OS level, and I've had no trouble pairing bluetooth mice using the Pair Gamepad function (wired and wireless mice work too), but the Oculus environment doesn't capture the cursor and bring it into the VR viewport so instead it just hovers above everything and doesn't interact with anything. 

In other words keyboard support is already there, and mouse support is half way there.  And it doesn't seem like it would take much to bring it all together.  Individual apps still need to support these input devices though.

foas
Explorer
I messaged the creator of the NativeBT plugin on the asset store and he is willing to let me demo the plugin to see if it works for the OculusGo. If it pairs up with a keyboard/mouse I'll be sure to share the steps.

Does anyone know if the OculusGo uses Bluetooth Classic or Bluetooth low energy?

@imperativity

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@foas

I believe the Oculus Go uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy).
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here through the "Contact Us" link (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @mouse_bear once you have done so!