cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GO update app fails - possible causes?

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
Created a project on the dashboard, uploaded a build as Alpha, invited myself, install on the GO. Works fine.
Uploaded an update to the Alpha on the dashboard, GO sees the update, downloads to 100% and stops during install. Endless loop (update availbale etc).
Update by usb cable works fine though.

Any suggestion what could cause this behavior and where/how logs can be found indicating whats wrong here?

Max
7 REPLIES 7

lee17
Protege
"Factory Reset" from Oculus app is quite handy to resolve errors by USB install or app updates. Usually it only worked either way, not interchangeably.

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
@lee17, thanks for the suggestion but there must be another option than doing a full factory reset any time an update fails...

Adverty
Honored Guest
I have the exact same issues with all apps that I have developed and are testing in Alpha.

Turned out it was due to that I had build a Cardboard app with the same bundle identifier

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
Must be some sort of clash between developer builds that I Launch from Unreal Engine and builds that are coming though the webportal. The only way to fix this is uninstalling the app using adb and re-installing it from the dashboard.

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
@NinjaGG how to report spam? The last 8 postings in this topic surely are spam and should be deleted to keep this forum legible

Rickyalan009
Honored Guest
The most ideal approach to fix this is uninstalling the application using adb and re-presenting it from the dashboard.

Nessiogs
Honored Guest
I have updated everything and not faced any problem.