cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users unable to find or use Preview Apps / No confirmation email is sent

madefireengr
Explorer
When I add a user to my Preview App, their email address is added to Subscribed Users and they never receive an email invite. As a result, they are never able to find our preview app in their apps.

The one place the app is visible is on Preview Apps page in the account section: https://secure.oculus.com/my/preview-apps, but this only allows them to unsubscribe.

Am I doing something wrong or did I find a glitch in the system?
34 REPLIES 34

elbertperez
Honored Guest
I too am unable to find my preview apps in the Oculus Store both on the phone and headset. I've scrolled all the way to the bottom and found nothing. My account says subscribed as well

djwilday_amazon
Honored Guest
Confirmation emails are not being sent to my channel users.  The users are stuck in Pending Users.  Both users are gmail accounts, one has a extra '.' in the name the other does not.  Any idea what's going wrong?

noemis
Protege
Ok, I have also this problem: I invite an user account to a release channel and on "my preview apps" the app appears under "invited" but there is no possibility to accept the invitation. An invitation email is sent sometimes, but not always and mostly with a very long delay. Dear Oculus, can you PLEASE let us accept invitations in the "my preview apps" section (link)?

noemis
Protege
Ok, I have also this problem: I invite an user account to a release channel and on "my preview apps" the app appears under "invited" but there is no possibility to accept the invitation. An invitation email is sent sometimes, but not always and mostly with a very long delay. Dear Oculus, can you PLEASE let us accept invitations in the "my preview apps" section (link)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are experiencing the same issue when attempting to test our app through the Library on Oculus Go.

If there is a workaround for sideloading apps and getting the system to run them without licensing issues, that might help.

As it stands, however, we are completely blocked from testing our app on Oculus Go and we are due for submission this week. Please let me know if we can provide any additional details to work past this issue.

nickfourtimes
Honored Guest
Just here to add that it's happening to me too. I'm the developer on our project and was testing by side-loading the .apk onto the Go. I just recently added myself to the Alpha channel for the game, and now I can no longer launch side-loaded apks, nor can I find the app in my library under "Not Installed" or "My Preview Apps."

I'll just link back to these two other threads that have also reported a similar issue.

JourneyEnt
Honored Guest
Ditto.  Very frustrating.

play_edu
Explorer
I have the same issue any solution for this

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
Use the search function on the GO. Type in the exact name and you might find the app (after accepting the email invite first of course)

LukeyBlu
Honored Guest

Hi. A developer sent me a link for an alpha app. When i clicked the link it was added to My Preview Apps. I can see a logo of the app. And it says Subscribed above the logo. From there I have only one option which is Unsubscribe. How can I add this app to my library so that I can launch it on my Gear VR?
Thank you
w9tfkif1dui3.png

@imperativity
Hey I am in a similar Boat to this guy. thought i would tag as you may have lost contact with this thread.

Also I may have found a step forward to those still looking for a solution.
On Oculus home (Desktop) go to settings>Beta> and toggle "Public test channel" 
I'm still trying to figure out how to launch the app, but figured this was a little bit of progress anywhoo...