cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Oculus Go] Disable forced recenter after putting headset back on.

joeyvrowl
Explorer

Hi all,

TL;DR Has anyone found a way to disable the forced recenter after putting the headset back on, or are there any plans to add such a feature?

I am a developer of a VR company that runs a lot of events, often with dozens or even hundreds of devices at once. Using the GearVR, users can pick up the headset and are immediately put back into any app that was running. However, the Oculus Go forces you to use the controller to recenter first, or use a volume button when in developer mode. This is a big problem for us, because most of our applications do not require user input so we would rather not have the controller there. Having hundreds of people who have never put on a VR headset press a small button right next to the power button that turns of the screen will surely result in chaos. The ability to turn this off in the settings (either device-wide or in our app) would solidify our use of the Oculus Go for pretty much every event going forward, but without it we are a bit hesitant.

15 REPLIES 15

ooBLANKAoo
Explorer
I'll add a +1 to this feature as well.  
Also handy at events it the feature on daydream that disables the home button - you just add the program to the list.
That way they can try as they may but can't exit the app they are supposed to be in.  (maybe a triple click to exit back to home)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, bump to this post.
It would be really handy to be able to disable the screen that asks you to hold oculus button on controller. Like said before, there are some use cases that are fine with GearVR cause it just pauses the app, and are impossible with GO since it needs user input.
Any chance this will be possible through SDK?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please disable the forced user input. I'm using it in art exhibitions and there can't be any hassle with pushing buttons.
It's very important this gets adjusted!

MintPot
Explorer

Please disable the forced user input. I'm using it in art exhibitions and there can't be any hassle with pushing buttons.
It's very important this gets adjusted!

how can i do? 

ooBLANKAoo
Explorer
Is there any update on these features?  I have an event coming up and im looking at purchasing more go's for it

icespace-dev
Honored Guest
+1
We really need this feature as well. Being able to turn this off is necessary to make the Go viable for commercial events, where apps often do not require user input at all.

DevZukun
Honored Guest
+1 bump.  We are planning to use the Go in a public setting and really need this feature.  

Herpalism
Honored Guest
+1 Another bump as well. We've just recently ported our kiosk videoplayer app to the Oculus Go, and it's completely unusable with the forced controller input.

StudioRX
Honored Guest