cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go + Bluetooth Keyboard

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone had success pairing a bluetooth keyboard with the Oculus Go? @la_reina seem to confirm that they are supported, but the Oculus app doesn't show pairing options other than gamepads and controllers. I'm hoping they'll be officially supported at some point soon 🙂

https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/comment/608479/#Comment_608479
13 REPLIES 13

blueravendigita
Honored Guest
+1 to @msitarzewski and @Lupus_Solus -- I'm working in a data engineering skunkworks position in a healthcare software org, we'd like to pilot a variety of dev and data viz use cases by end of 2018 using OculusGo and in order to get there we need a simple mobile work environment. Bluetooth mouse + keyboard seem foundational here.  

@imperativity who can I connect with regarding the above?

chettawan
Expert Protege
I've heard somewhere that you can use bt keyboard in Vendetta Online. I just order one will try out.

Miraenda
Honored Guest
Recently, I've purchased a Bluetooth device that's a wearable keyboard and mouse called Tap (https://www.tapwithus.com/). I had thought Oculus Go would natively support this, but apparently it's just Oculus Rift. That's a bummer. I am going to try to get it to work, but I would like to request that Oculus seriously consider providing support for these type of devices. This device is perfectly suited for a VR experience. That's why I chose it. Now, I do plan to use it at work to replace my standard keyboard as well, but I wanted to be able to use it for everything and now I may not be able to do that.

kevin_fries_311
Honored Guest
Lets just say for argument sake  😄 that I was the solutions architect of a new startup that was creating a virtual keyboard designed specifically for virtualized environments... just for argument sake of course.

How would I go about getting my keyboard supported on the Go?  One of key demographics we want to go after (you know in this "fictional" company) is mobile desktop.  So, IF we had a device, there is obviously a market... Where could we, and how could we bring these two together.  All I am seeing is a bunch of want, not allot of solving