cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Touch 3D model in 1:1 scale ?

motorsep
Rising Star
Where can I get 3D model of Oculus Touch ? (preferably in 1:1 scale; FBX or OBJ)

Thanks beforehand
4 REPLIES 4

lamour42
Expert Protege
I had the same problem and ended with getting the controller mesh data via Avatar SDK. You can see in Mirror.cpp sample from Avatar SDK how to do that in OpenGL. Here is a DirectX version from me: https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/46493/mesh-data-for-hands-and-touch-controllers#lates...

I am still struggling with bone animation, but as you can see in the image the model Oculus provides is quite nice already in a non-animated state.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to design some free 3D printable controller modifications and this model thinigverse is not accurate. Is there any chance anyone has a line on a 3D scale model yet? I'm not a game developer so I don't have access to any developer kit stuff. 

itsmarkjustmark
Honored Guest
If you have steamvr, just navigate to: steam/steamapps/common/steamvr/resources/rendermodels
there you will find oculus_cv1_controller_right and oculus_cv1_controller_left under which are 3d obj files for each controller

ozan-tribexr
Explorer
Thanks @itsmarkjustmark - The 3d models from the steamvr rendermodels folder worked for me. Yay!