cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non-headlocked layer?

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer
So i'm about to submit my first game for review and I'm using unreal engine to build it. what exactly is a non-headlocked layer?
I can't seem to find what exactly this mean.

from the vrc validator page I see this: 
Your app must launch into VR within 4 seconds and display a non-headlocked layer.
9 REPLIES 9

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer
Does the layer have to have anything in it or can it just be blank? I can't find any documentation on it.
I have a cylinder stereo layer in my player but what do i have to put on it?

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer
17 views and no one knows the answer? I feel like I'm on unreal's forums where you never get a responce.........

MikeF
Trustee
It means you need some sort of onscreen element that isnt locked to the player's head movements.
So if you put some sort of worldspace UI element infront of the player it should pass that test

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

MikeF said:

It means you need some sort of onscreen element that isnt locked to the player's head movements.
So if you put some sort of worldspace UI element infront of the player it should pass that test

yea that's what I did, however it still failed. I got it to pass by adding a second layer. that is kinda useless to have 2 of them... why do they have this redundency? seems so not needed.

MikeF
Trustee
It might be an issue with not displaying the first frame within 4 seconds then. Either way i've heard of this test failing for some people but submissions going through ok

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

MikeF said:

It might be an issue with not displaying the first frame within 4 seconds then. Either way i've heard of this test failing for some people but submissions going through ok

oh it displays it instant. all there is in the first map is a text renderer and a player spawn that plays a rotating animation and audio. i guess it is because im using unreal from the launcher and not compiled from source. who knows. its got lots of bugs in 4.19 pertaining to vr anyways.

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer
Thankyou for the help 🙂 ❤️

Anonymous
Not applicable

So i'm about to submit my first game for review and I'm using unreal engine to build it. what exactly is a non-headlocked layer?

from the vrc validator page I see this: 
Your app must launch into VR within 4 seconds and display a non-headlocked layer.

It means you need to show a splash screen to the user if your app takes a while to load. The Oculus SDK has splash screen functions built into UE4

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

from the vrc validator page I see this: Your app must launch into VR within 4 seconds and display a non-headlocked layer.

It means you need to show a splash screen to the user if your app takes a while to load. The Oculus SDK has splash screen functions built into UE4

yea i figured out how to do it ❤️ thankyou