cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making UnityWebRequest in C# script works on Rift but not on Go

Chawker21
Explorer
I have a Unity App that I am building where I make a web request to retrieve textures from a server.  I use UnityWebRequest and I have everything working in the development project where I am testing it with oculus Rift.  I have included a progress bar when it makes the request so I can see that it is doing something but when I download the APK to oculus go and make the request it does nothing, it doesnt get past the UnityWebRequest because the progress bar canvas never appears.  I do not know how I can debug the issue, I have no error that I know of, it just seems to never move forward in the script.  Any Ideas on what I can do?
6 REPLIES 6

TonyTheGeek
Honored Guest
Have you requested internet permission in the apk? 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Moving to developer forum.

Chawker21
Explorer
Thanks for the Suggestion TonyTheGeek, After looking in the AndroidManifest It shows that access is given for INTERNET.  It was automatically generated by unity, If somehow this was an issue I think it would ask me for permission in the app, I know when I first install it it asks me to allow the microphone to be used.  Thanks again for your suggestion though, I did not know about the manifest and it may help me in the future now that I am aware of it.

Chawker21
Explorer
Another question, is there any kind of log that I can retrieve from the oculus Go that may have errors or warnings from the App?

Chawker21
Explorer
@imperativity thanks, that information is very useful.  I will see if I can track down my issue with it.

DanielOS96_Sent
Protege
Did you get this working? Im trying to do a simaler thing? And my doofer also says ONLINE allowed.