cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gray Avatar Hands instead of Transparent Blue?

jasonh
Honored Guest
I am using Unity 2018.1.9f1 and version 1.27.0 (OVR Avatar and OVR Utilities).

The avatar model and virtual controllers are working as intended, but the material for the hands for the avatar are this sort of grayish default color and not the cool, sci-fi looking transparent blue material. Is this intended? What is the quickest method of implementing the transparent blue material instead? 

Thank you for your help.
5 REPLIES 5

jasonh
Honored Guest
Am I the only one to experience this problem?

Heaney-555
Heroic Explorer
This is the new default avatar - ie. unloaded.

You have to load the LocalAvatar to the userID of the current user.

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/avatarsdk/latest/concepts/avatars-gsg-unity/#avatars-gsg-...

Scroll down to "Loading Personalized Avatars"

jasonh
Honored Guest
Thank you for your response.

jasonh
Honored Guest
There are four Avatar shaders it seems:

AvatarSurfaceShaderSelfOccluding

Do I add all four of these to "Always Included Shaders", or just three of these four, and if so, which three? If I add everything it still seems to work in my app, but in one of the sample scenes provided by Oculus it produces a strange result where it appears as though I have four hands if I begin manipulating the controller.

Also, I got an error on this line:

myAvatar.oculusUserID = message.Data.ID

Visual Studio says "unity cannot implicitly convert type ulong to string".

So I changed it to myAvatar.oculusUserID = message.Data.ID.ToString(); ;

And, "public OvrAvatar myAvatar" should have "[SerializedField]" above it, no? Otherwise, how can you drag the avatar over and put it in the field as the instructions suggest?

jasonh
Honored Guest
I am experiencing an issue where if I have 2 scenes in my build, and I transition to the second scene, the shading for the avatar's hands disappears.

I am executing the suggested code in each scene. It loads the shaders in the 1st scene, but the for some reason it doesn't load the shaders in the second scene.

If I make a build with just the second scene, it loads as it should.

Starting a new thread on this issue in the hope that someone notices it...