cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ue4 4.20.1 broken controls {Resolved}

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer
So I just updated to 4.20.1 and the key mapping for gamepad special left is not being called and no longer functions.... even if you make it into a
input mapping or calling it direct in a blueprint. when clicking the button on my oculus touch it no longer works.....
in 4.20.0 It was fine and worked. This has got to be the most annoying bug i have ever found......
it still works in 4.19 but my project is already updated to 4.20.1....

2blxhzv3hz06.png
13 REPLIES 13

motorsep
Rising Star
@"wirelitesoft.dev"

Is it safe to assume you reported this issue to both Epic and Oculus using appropriate bug reporting means ? (Epic has a special bug report form, Oculus has "reporting a bug" subject when using contact form in your dev dashboard)

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

motorsep said:

@"wirelitesoft.dev"

Is it safe to assume you reported this issue to both Epic and Oculus using appropriate bug reporting means ? (Epic has a special bug report form, Oculus has "reporting a bug" subject when using contact form in your dev dashboard)

yes i have and they ignored my bug report 2 days now.... epic don't seem to give support anymore.
they seem lazy after alaxander left but i have no clue how to report it here.

motorsep
Rising Star

motorsep said:

@"wirelitesoft.dev"

yes i have and they ignored my bug report 2 days now.... epic don't seem to give support anymore.

This is for Epic: https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

For Oculus you need to be registered as dev and logged into your account. If you have that, then on the left side of the forums you'll seem menu Contact right under Forums menu. You'd report bugs from there.

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

motorsep said:

motorsep said:

@"wirelitesoft.dev"

For Oculus you need to be registered as dev and logged into your account. If you have that, then on the left side of the forums you'll seem menu Contact right under Forums menu. You'd report bugs from there.

didn't see that link. and yes i'm a developer. this is why i'm stuck. the last thing i needed to fix was my menu for my game to be released but now epic has broken the one button i needed to use to finish my release.

motorsep
Rising Star

motorsep said:

motorsep said:

@"wirelitesoft.dev"

didn't see that link. and yes i'm a developer. this is why i'm stuck. the last thing i needed to fix was my menu for my game to be released but now epic has broken the one button i needed to use to finish my release.

You can probably ask "imperativity" about this and he would send you in the right direction (use @ before nicknames to notify specific person about your post) 

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

motorsep said:

motorsep said:

motorsep said:

@"wirelitesoft.dev"

You can probably ask "imperativity" about this and he would send you in the right direction (use @ before nicknames to notify specific person about your post) 

i made a bug report now. I hope it gets fixed asap because my game is ready and i had fixed the one last thing that was stopping its release. then the day i get the menu fixed and has a main menu button and an exit game button ue4 spits out an update that breaks the one thing that was holding back its release. UE4 support seems to be declining rapidly so i doubt ill get any support from them.

@imperativity
Is there any fix for this in the works? It saddens me that the one thing that is holding back my app release was fixed then ue4 breaks it in an update. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
What should Gamepad Special Left map to actually?

I see no mention of it here in the Oculus mapping doc:
Perhaps on that link you see the button mapping has changed to something else?

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer
It seems they changed the name of the node. they switched gamepad special left with gamepad special right. and it don't make any sense to me that if it is on the left hand it should be called gamepad special left but their name is incorrect.

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

What should Gamepad Special Left map to actually?

I see no mention of it here in the Oculus mapping doc:
Perhaps on that link you see the button mapping has changed to something else?

yes it was changed. now instead of gamepad special left it is now gamepad special right.... for some reason they switched the 2 mappings 😞 typical they didn't tell us they changed it.