DO NOT update to Mac OS High Sierra!! — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

DO NOT update to Mac OS High Sierra!!

DO NOT UPDATE TO Mac OS HIGH SIERRA!!!
If you are using Unity in Mac do not update to Mac OS High Sierra because OVRplugin will not work any more in Unity and you will get errors in the editor. 
By other hand Oculus is not and will not help anybody to solve the problems. They are not supporting Mac and will not at lest in the near future.
Do you already did it as I did? Bad news!! 

Comments

• micbigtreemicbigtree Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Is this still the case? I bought an Oculus Go for a project I'm working on for a client. I haven't tried sideloading and I'm using Unity 2018.2, when I build to the headset Head tracking doesn't work and the two eye cameras are completely different (too far apart I think?). If it's because of my OS I'll look into regressing to an older one, but I don't want to if this has been fixed haha
  • Akash_007Akash_007 Posts: 15 Oculus Start Member
    I don't know what you're talking about I've used Unity 5.6, 2017 and now currently 2018.2 on High Sierra on both my MacBook pro and iMac and I've never had an issue with the integration plugins not working?
  • micbigtreemicbigtree Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Really? I was told today that i needed Windows to fix the precise issues i have on high Sierra (or i think an earlier version of osx).

Head tracking doesn't work,  eyes show different content and the ovrplugin doesn't update. You on the oculus go? 
  • Akash_007Akash_007 Posts: 15 Oculus Start Member
    Really? I was told today that i needed Windows to fix the precise issues i have on high Sierra (or i think an earlier version of osx).

Head tracking doesn't work,  eyes show different content and the ovrplugin doesn't update. You on the oculus go? 
    Yea I usually build and run it to the oculus go I'm not sure if you're debugging with the headset directly connected. It's worth noting I switch between mac and windows for the project so maybe after opening it in windows it fixes the issue and you can go back to macOS??