#VRDevStories - Weekly Developer Question (7/27) — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

#VRDevStories - Weekly Developer Question (7/27)

NinjaGaijinNinjaGaijin Posts: 188 Oculus Staff
edited August 2018 in General Development
Every Friday, we toss a question to our developer community through the Oculus Developers Twitter account to get some fun and insightful thoughts into the experiences of a VR developer.

Last week, our question was: "What do you still find challenging in your VR development process?"

Some response highlights are:
"Getting lighting to work consistently (ie. even look close to the same) between Rift and mobile while respecting the different performance envelopes."
"Designing a "no buttons nor triggers" user interactions & have the user learn them without any kind of menus, text or tutorial."
"Not having instant preview in Unity for Oculus Go. Would help a ton with iteration."
This week's question is: "What is your favorite modern VR innovation, and why?"
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!
Tagged:

Comments

• daeyahdaeyah Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    To make VR look like glasses and to have as many designs in them as possible.  Unfortunately, one design does not fit all as there are 9 face shapes in the world.  I wish there was as option for colours but I assume that black and grey are the most prevalent colours which are popular. 
  • daeyahdaeyah Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    edited August 2018
    Where are your demo stations in UK?