cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go back button randomly detected

KosTargo
Honored Guest
Hi,

I'm facing a weird problem with the back button on the Oculus Go.
I'm developing my app with Unity 2018.1.0f2, Oculus SDK 1.25.2 and VRTK 3.3 and my last step to upload my app on oculus store is to make the back button requirement. (Enable Universal Menu when back button is pressed)

Unfortunately, the back button event is catch randomly. I need to spam the button if I want the event called.

I tried different ways :

void Update ()
    {
        OVRInput.Update();
        Debug.Log("Update");
        if (OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.Button.Back))
            OVRPlugin.ShowUI(new OVRPlugin.PlatformUI());
if (OVRInput.GetDown(OVRInput.Button.Back))
OVRPlugin.ShowUI(new OVRPlugin.PlatformUI());
    }

public VRTK_ControllerEvents m_Event;

private void Start()
    {
        m_Event.ButtonTwoPressed += (sender, e) => { OVRPlugin.ShowUI(new OVRPlugin.PlatformUI()); };
        m_Event.ButtonTwoReleased += (sender, e) => { OVRPlugin.ShowUI(new OVRPlugin.PlatformUI()); };
        m_Event.ButtonTwoTouchStart += (sender, e) => { OVRPlugin.ShowUI(new OVRPlugin.PlatformUI()); };
        m_Event.ButtonTwoTouchEnd += (sender, e) => { OVRPlugin.ShowUI(new OVRPlugin.PlatformUI()); };
    }

But the result is still the same. 

Do I miss something ?
23 REPLIES 23

KosTargo
Honored Guest
@imperativity

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
@KosTargo

Do you have OVRManager in your scene? If so you do not need to call OVRInput.Update() in the Update() method. That may be why the back button is not getting caught consistently.

Also the OVRPlatformMenu script provides a short press handler, which can either show the Confirm Quit menu, or retreat one level of your application, until the main scene is reached and it displays the Confirm Quit menu.
Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
Also, when you check for the back button you can just check using Get(), then use
if (OVRInput.Get (OVRInput.Button.Back)) {
OVRDebugInfo.print ("pressed back button");
OVRManager.PlatformUIConfirmQuit ();
}

Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

KosTargo
Honored Guest
@imperativity  
Yes I'm using OVRManager because I'm using the OVRCameraRig prefab.
I don't understand your second question, all I can say is that nothing works to detect correctly the back button.

@juanoldinho  
I know for the OVRInput.Update(), but with or without it, the result is the same. Also for OVRInput.Get...
Thank you for the OVRPlatformMenu script but the result is still the same. I need to spam the back button and it works 1 on X(random) times.

KosTargo
Honored Guest
@juanoldinho
BTW, even with OVRInput.Button.any, the problem is still here. All the buttons respond correctly but not the back button.

jhone_g
Honored Guest
@imperativity
I have this problem using Unity 2017.2.4.2f2 and Oculus Utilities 1.22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, so I am actually encountering this issue with the latest version Oculus Integration and Unity 2018.2.14f1. It is the exact same issue.

paulodgn
Honored Guest
Im having the exact same problem. Is there any solution? Using Unity 2017.3 and Oculos GO.

r0b0saru
Expert Protege
Any update to a fix for this? Having the same issue (2018.1.9f2)