cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go - native permission dialog

dvnelson72
Explorer
I have a USB device that works with the GearVR.  On the GearVR, when you plug it in, the native dialog for USB permissions is presented IN THE VR ENVIRONMENT.  The GearVR remote can be used to hit ok or cancel.  

The dialog itself is a little annoying because it is presented every single time you connect the USB device.  But, that is an Android thing.

So, now I tried the same application on the Go.  The problem here is that the native dialog is displayed in a 2D mode for touch devices.  There is no way to click ok or cancel.

My questions are:
1) is the Go going to get the 3D version of permission dialogs?
2) is there any super secret way to ask for these permissions in the manifest, kind of like the meta data for not displaying unity permissions?

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

dvnelson72
Explorer
Just to clarify --- on Gear VR they solved the native dialog issue.  They made it a 3D dialog where the controller can click the buttons.  I.e. you don't have to touch the phone.  Oculus could do the same if they want to. 

VirtualOmnipresence
Expert Protege
Hi @dvnelson72,
having the exact same problem. This is a temporary (developer only) workaround:

Connect ADP via WLAN to the Oculus GO and when the USB permission dialog shows up, use the following ADP commands:
adb shell input keyevent 20
adb shell input keyevent 66
adb shell input keyevent 20
adb shell input keyevent 22
adb shell input keyevent 66

@imperativity:
Are there already plans on when this problem is going to be solved? Please note that the GearVR had the same problem but it has been solved there: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/44987/gearvr-how-to-get-permission-for-custom-usb-d...

Thank you very much.

VirtualOmnipresence
Expert Protege
Sorry double post...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. We have same troubles with USB permission dialog. Previously we use additional apps like Vysor to stream and control Oculus Go screen on PC, but after some update, permission dialog has been changed and now there is no way to grand permission with UI just because there is now "OK" button on screen, so you need to use adb keyevent commands or press these buttons in Vysor. These is really annoying.

VirtualOmnipresence
Expert Protege
Problem seems to be fixed, the dialog now appears correctly in VR and controller input is correctly detected. Thanks for fixing 🙂