cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrading my Oculus Go project to V1.28 SDKs, the device insists on "Oculus update required."

Anonymous
Not applicable
This issue once strikes again !
Since i updated my current project to the
just released, all new Oculus Unity SDK V1.28 packages ( Oculus
Utilities V1.28, Platform SDK V1.28, Avatar SDK V1.28) i get the treaded
Error :
"oculus update required. to learn how to update the oculus app, visit: http://support.oculus.com"

Did everything suggested:
uninstalled the Phone App, Rebooted the Oculus Go several times, uninstalled my app several times, nothing helps
Falling
back to the Unity 2017.4.9F1 bundled OVR Plugin version ( V1.26.1 ) at
least let my app show its UI for a second, as soon as i initialize the
Oculus Platform, pops up another ( but similar looking ) erro dialog,
that i need to update the phone as m the app is using some unsupported
features

I seriously wonder why it is made so hard to manually trigger an update check ON THE GO ITSELF ?

BTW:
GO says version is 3.42.98.111179117              OS Version is 27130.12430.180
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is urgent:
Even the smallest Platform SDK Demo project ( eg . VrVoiceChat sample ) using the V1.28 Unity SDK's ( Utilities V1.28, Platfom SDK V1.28 ) triggers the above mentioned "update required" error on the Oculus Go.
 But there is no update available !!!

Please could some Oculus staff member look into this ASAP ?
I was so happy about all the Avatar and Voice chat related fixes in V1.28, i really don't want to role back the the previous ones ....

BTW: this is the 64GB Retail device

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay - after searching the forums for other people having this problem in the past, i left my Oculus Go powerd on but on idle for an hour or so , and seemingly this caused some OTA update . But there is/was no notification that the device did something like an update ? This is a pretty unusual behaviour in my eyes. At least something should be displayed to the user after that ....
But now i'm happy again as the above message does'nt appear any longer when launching my app...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the update, great that you plan to improve this