Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

OVRHeadsetEmulator doesn't move the view in the Game panel

Hello,

I would like to be able to emulate the headset while developing in Unity, so I don't have to build to a device whenever I want to test. However, the OVR Headset Emulator doesn't move the view in the Game panel during play mode. The values of Head Pose Relative Offset Rotation are changing in the script, but I can't move the camera around to look at different things or interact with the UI. I have tried using Unity 2018.2.7, 2018.2.2, and 2017.4.11, and Oculus Integration 1.29. 

Am I missing something? Has anyone else encountered this?

Thank you kindly.
Tagged:

Comments

• spacefrogspacefrog Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited September 2018
    I'm not able to make this emulation work either
    should be as simple as dropping a OVRCamerRig into the scene - no ?
    Anyways, i can see the "HeadPoseRelativeOffsetRotation" on the OVRCameraRig change in the inspector, when the corresponding keyboard keys are pressed and i move the mouse, but the camera does'nt rotate accordingly The values do not change if i disable the headset emulator script. So should be doing the right thing imho ...

My versions are Unity v2017.4.11f1, Oculus Utilities v1.29.0, OVRPlugin v1.29.0, SDK v1.30.0.

• victorvialevictorviale Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Piggy-backing on top of this issue, I'm having the exact same problem as @learnwithus 
    Using version 1.29 
  • HeyBishopHeyBishop Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited June 20
    It was working for me up to version 1.36. Just upgraded to 1.38 and now it doesn't work. 

Any idea what could be wrong @NinjaGaijin?
    Brain Burst
    After a LOT of hassle, I managed to roll back to 1.36 and it's working again.
    Note: I'm running Unity 2019.1.7f1
  • ehsan_612ehsan_612 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    HeyBishop said:
    After a LOT of hassle, I managed to roll back to 1.36 and it's working again.
    Note: I'm running Unity 2019.1.7f1
    How could U roll back to 1.36?
    I couldn't find any download link
  • LouisGameDevLouisGameDev Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Emulation still doesn't work to this day
  • robshoxrobshox Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Can't get emulation working on Quest Unity setup either with OVR Headset Emulator component
    Brain Burst
    @filipefmiranda that fixed it!!!

If only Oculus monitored these forums, they might pick up on these things. (Prove me wrong Oculus, prove me wrong!)