I am trying to find the optimal encoding settings for 360 videos on the Oculus GO. The raw footage is 60fps (technically 59.97fps) at 8k. I'd like to play it in the HMD at the HIGHEST resolution and frame rate possible. My current tests and results. NOTE: This video contains lots of movement!
- H.264 4096x2048 at 59.97 at 60mbps = Dropping frames and artifacting
- H.264 4096x2048 at 59.97 at 40mbps = Dropping frames and artifacting
- H.264 4096x2048 at 29.97 at 40mbps = Best results, but we are still getting a lot of artifacting.
- H.264 4096x2048 at 29.97 at 60mbps = No real difference to the above
- H.264 4096x2048 at 29.97 at 25mbps = Artifacting is worse.