Did you mean: 

Camera fade without Mobile HDR?

VRex
Protege
I'm trying to do some camera fades for an Oculus Go project in Unreal
4.20 and am unable to find a good way to do so without enabling Mobile
HDR. I imagine that would destroy my framerate. What are the options to
replace a camera fade in this case? I would do a UI or transparent
animated plane but that seems like it would wreck performance as well.
Would love to hear some suggestions. Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

GRADGR
Protege
Camera Fade requires HDR, then only efficient way to do this is by creating a "fake" fade widget with full screen size. This can be added to pawn camera or even to a sequence by using events.

VRex
Protege
Yeah, that's what I figured. Isn't the transparency going to screw up frame rate though? I'll give it a go. Thanks, GRADGR.

Dizzzie
Explorer
Did you ever figure this out?  

Anonymous
Not applicable
An interesting new feature in Oculus' UE 1.31.0 is color scaling - https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unreal/latest/concepts/unreal-color-functions/

If you can update the engine, I'd consider looking into achieving the effect that way. 

rasamaya
Explorer

An interesting new feature in Oculus' UE 1.31.0 is color scaling - 

If you can update the engine, I'd consider looking into achieving the effect that way. 

This works for nice camera fades while streaming in and out levels. Great idea, thanks! Implemented in a few projects on Quest

rustbucket
Honored Guest
I know this is an ancient thread but does anyone have any clear instructions or a BP sample on how to do a fade using the color scale? I'm completely lost as to what the "color scale and offset" should plug into.

allan_mcintosh_
Honored Guest
I am by no means an expert but this worked for me.
It's for my loading screen.
First set the play screen to black then wait 2 seconds and fade to clear via timeline then wait 4 seconds and fadeout then open new level.
Hope this helps
ar0dgxmxc14u.jpg

yannick.tholomier
Honored Guest
Thank you!

Anna-SophiaB
Honored Guest

I am by no means an expert but this worked for me.
It's for my loading screen.
First set the play screen to black then wait 2 seconds and fade to clear via timeline then wait 4 seconds and fadeout then open new level.
Hope this helps
ar0dgxmxc14u.jpg

Hi everyone, I would like to use 'Set color scale and offset' for a single mesh to fade it in. Is that possible? And does anyone know how to accomplish that? I already tried to fade-in the mesh with a: 'dynamic material instance, new timeline and set scalar parameter value', but this looks super strange in the VR headset since little dots occur when the mesh blends in. Thank you very much in advance! 🙂