Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Platform Multiplayer with non-vr app supported?

rocketCoderrocketCoder Posts: 1 Oculus Start Member
Does the Oculus Platform SDK (Rooms, Matchmaking and Realtime) support a scenario where multiple players can join a room and play in a multiplayer game when some players are using a VR enabled app and others with a non-VR app?  I would like to be able to support a party mode scenario where one user has a VR headset and others are on phone or pc.   I would also like to be able to support a broader audience in multiplayer as VR can be a lonely place.  Any links to blogs, docs, ect would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Comments

• chadyochadyo Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    @imperativity  has there been any changes to this in the last year that this is now supported? I'm trying to do the same thing. 
  • chadyochadyo Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    @imperativity  has there been any changes to this in the last year that this is now supported? I'm trying to do the same thing. 
  • spacefrogspacefrog Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited October 2018
    I'm also very interested in this. it would make perfect sense in my eyes to allow VR and nonVR social experiences to connect utilizing the Platform SDK ...