cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go - Retrieving logs from OVRMetricsTool

VRex
Protege
I've successfully installed the OVRMetricsTool to the Oculus Go but I'm having a very difficult time figuring out how to retrieve the logs from it. The mobile guide only mentions how to retrieve it from an Android phone, unless I missed something. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks so much.
Jesse Kirberger
12 REPLIES 12

VRex
Protege
Thanks, imperativity! Not sure how I missed that before. Much appreciated.
Jesse Kirberger

VRex
Protege
@imperativity I actually have a few more questions for you. I can't get the OVR Metrics Tool to close on my Go. In the guide, it says:

To disable Performance HUD Mode, restart your phone or send the following three adb commands:
adb shell setprop debug.oculus.notifPackage ''
adb shell setprop debug.oculus.notifClass ''
adb shell am force-stop com.oculus.ovrmonitormetricsservice

I tried this and it definitely did something and didn't give any error messages but the HUD was still there when I tested my project. I've also tried restarting the Go and it still pops up. Is it possible to fully delete this or other apk's from the Go?

How can you send console commands to the Go while running an apk, such as 'stat unit'? Would you have tocode inputs to execute console commands within your project? Thanks for your help!

Jesse Kirberger

MikeSwanson
Protege
I have this same issue. No matter what I do (including restarting the Go), the OVR Metrics graph is displayed.

When I execute:

I get:

usage: setprop NAME VALUE

Sets an Android system property.

setprop: Need 2 arguments

I've tried many variations of the command, including quotes, spaces, etc. with no luck.

Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.40

Version 4986621

VRex
Protege
@imperativity Unfortunately I am. I ended up having to factory reset the Go in order to get rid of the metrics tool.

I'd really appreciate some advice on how to best profile the GPU/CPU on the Go. Metrics tool doesn't really seem to give the specifics of what is taking up ms and I've tried to get Oculus Remote Monitor working and it cannot detect any hosts after enabling the capture server. How can I run something like 'stat startfile' in Unreal and retrieve this profile for analyzing? I've tried running it automatically in console commands after it begins playing, and it seems to capture this, but I cannot locate the file after it done. If you could please recommend the best way to do a thorough GPU/CPU profile on the Go it would be incredible, as I am pretty much dead in the water at this point whenever I run into frame issues. Thanks so much, @imperativity.
Jesse Kirberger

MikeSwanson
Protege

Clavus
Protege

@VRex

Are you still experiencing this issue?

I can confirm I have the same issue. I'm unable to disable the Performance HUD on my Oculus Go (OVR Metrics Tool v1.2).

MikeSwanson
Protege
@imperativity Just wondering if there's been an update on this one. I still have the metrics overlay enabled for everything I do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VRex

Are you still experiencing this issue?

I can also confirm this issue.
The 3 commands do not disable the HUD display and restarting the Go also does not fix it.
I definitely do NOT want to go through a factory reset (if only to avoid the elaborate setup procedure including the annoying obligatory warnings video)

@imperativity any updates on this issue which you are able to share with us?

You might also want to update the readme.txt included in the download adding the force-stop cmd) as the file currently only states:
To disable Performance HUD Mode, use the following two adb commands:

adb shell setprop debug.oculus.notifPackage ''

For more information, see https://developer.oculus.com.

Anonymous
Not applicable