cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance below 60 FPS - Advices?

GRADGR
Protege
Hello Again!

We have ( i believe ) all other issues solved, we only now get low fps. Are there any tips to make game faster? 
And i don't mean by material,object merge,draw counts,polycount or movable lights etc.

Are there any options from Project Settings or engine.ini that we should adjust for better performance?
We have enabled the rendering feature for Go on HIGH, frequency 60hz and Multi-View Direct.

Do you believe that packaging on 4.21 with OpenGL ES 3.1 will improve performance that much, as hardware occlusion seems to be fixed for multiview.

Also, can we change the Resolution? by altering pixeldensity or maybe contentscalefactor from device profiles ?

Thank you!
8 REPLIES 8

GRADGR
Protege
FPS drop is visible on GO as stated above, @imperativity are you aware of any settings that could help? also
when submitting , on which device are tests done for gearvr? is multiview enabled while testing? what's the resolution game runs? can we change the resolution on mobile? thank you!

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
Interesting question.
- Have you analyzed your app with Renderdoc? Sometimes you still find a few things to fix
- What do you mean with 'we have enabled the rendering feature for Go on HIGH' ?
- Have you tried running at 72 Hz so it gets even more clear in which areas you run into problems with fps?
- whats the MSAA setting?

GRADGR
Protege
-For GO, i mean the Tiled MultiRes BP is set on HIGH
-MSAA is set to none

Are you aware if there is a way to reduce resolution for GO/GearVR? (pixeldensity or maybe contentscalefactor)

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
I'm not aware of those options. It would be nice to hear if any other dev or @imperativity could tell more...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is Mobile HDR On or Off? Nearly impossible to have a project running at 60 FPS with mobile HDR on for the Go and is a common problem with first time Go devs having it on

Otherwise I would also recommend checking the Unreal performance guides for developing for mobile/android

GRADGR
Protege
Thanks @Aussieberger , for your help! Actually our game got released today! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

GRADGR said:

Thanks @Aussieberger , for your help! Actually our game got released today! 🙂

Nice! Which one is it?

GRADGR
Protege
Escape Legacy, we will change the Graphic Assets 🙂