cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DllNotFoundException: libovravatar OvrAvatarSDKManager.Update ()

nitsan
Sightseer
Hi guys,

When trying to run any of the Avatars SDK samples, or when integrating it ourselves, I get "DllNotFoundException: libovravatar OvrAvatarSDKManager.Update ()" in the console.

I'm trying Android GearVR on mac. I don't have other known issues using or building for GearVR.

Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14

nitsan
Sightseer

Hi,

I've found a very similar forum thread from last year that has the same DLL not found exception referenced in the user's error logs.

https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/44709/dll-errors-avatar-editor-launch-error-1-10

Try this first prior to reading the other solutions offered in the thread above:

Can you please verify that there are no residual versions of libovravatar.dll or OvrAvatarAssets.zip in your Unity project's Plugins directory?

Also, can you check to see if libovravatar.dll exists in your "Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime" directory?

Thanks. I have seen that - it is irrelevant for me, since I am using a mac and the Avatar SDK is a fresh install.
Also - that is not the error I am getting.

nitsan
Sightseer

Ah, I read that as "no mac".

I assume what you really meant was "on mac". No worries, I will look into this error for you.

Yep - just fixed the wording. Thanks!

m_milazzo
Protege
Did you solve this problem? I'm experimenting the same issue

hazelshi
Honored Guest
Did you guys fix this problem? i'm stuck here..Help!

hmiri
Explorer

22 January 2018
Has anybody resolved this?
The same issue with the latest Unity v2017.3.0f3 and Oculus Utilities v1.20.0 and OVRPlugin v1.20.0

panmaster
Expert Protege
same here

blee808
Honored Guest
I was able to fix this by importing only the "Plugins" folder of the the latest Oculus Platform SDK.

holospaces_user
Protege
@imperativity
I run Unity 2018.2.6f1. New Project, Imported Oculus Integration 1.29, allowed upgrade of Oculus Utilites to 1.30.0, rebooted and started the CrossPlatform scene from the Avatar Samples Folder.

DllNotFoundException: libovravatar
OvrAvatarSDKManager.Initialize () (at Assets/Oculus/Avatar/Scripts/OvrAvatarSDKManager.cs:57)
 the libovravatar.dll is not even part of the project at this point. Why is it referenced or what is missing to get it in there?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure you have the Oculus software installed. Follow the link here.

libovravatar.dll is installed in this directory C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\

Steps for using the CrossPlatform sample scene can be found in the Readme in its directory and at this link here.